My Kustom exhaust..

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
hah so last night me and the boys were bored so we decided to gut my cat since im having a new exhaust comming in a week or two. we get the car up on ramps and just cut the cat off. then we were debating to gut the cat or just weld up a piece of pipe. then one of us suggested a side exhaust . we thought for a moment and then just started cutting poieces of pipe and fitted it together. 2 hours later my mk3 had a rigged up side exhaust. its funny as hell. theres still a pre-cat :( but whatever its only temporary. it goes from 2 1/2 - 3 inch out the side. its not as good as daves but its there!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
crazy. man it would look better if it was dual and on both sides.
but nice job for 2 hours of work.

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
haha thanks.. i guess dave inspired me origionally but we jsut kinda went with it as the night progressed and thats the end result. alls it ahs to do is not fall off or crack for ten days :)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
what does it sound like?

I am debating on my new turbo set up to run side exhaust with a waste gate exhaust routed in the same general area....it would sound so darn mean and attract so many cops...

I would make a slip on unit, then I could slip on my stock exhaust as well...pretty nifty idea...though I have no money right now LOL

But what does it sound like? :icon_conf

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
it sounds nasty.. ask dave he herd it. if you want you can hear it i have a video on my car clubs site of a burnout and you can ehar the tone in it. not the ebst recording but you can get an idea. as for the advantages i guess its just a shorter path the exhaust has to flow. it probably doesn't resonate as much so you get a purer tone and you might loos some torque. it probably is better for horsepower and decreases spool time but im sure it doesn't make that significant of a difference.

here are the links
my car club: http://www.midnitetuners.com/
my burnout: http://www.midnitetuners.com/supraburn.mpg

enjoy :)

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
haha yeah they do fit barly.. you should see my friend harold. when we put his monte carlo on those ramps the tires hang off the edge so much.. its scary shit

p35903_1.jpg

..once he gets slicks the tires won't ahve a chance of staying on, on the other hand the car will be so high up we won't need ramps to work on it :)

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
empera said:
hey dave isnt that ur exhaust? hehe...wtf

nice going tho, guy.

yes this is alot like daves.. however daves was all 3" mandrel bent frmo the turbo back.. mine is more rigged. i really liked daves though it was actually good! i think he got introuble for it so hes going to be running a muffler out the back now..

J

JerzeySlowpra

haha yeah i got in trouble... im always getting into something :icon_evil

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
so yesterday i got off of work at 4:15.. driving to my dad's i scrap a coupple of times not real bad.. im about ten minutes away and im cruising on this road.. theres a few dipps and the car is bouncing a bit.. one of the welds on the tip broke off so it was dangling and started scraping, in an instant the exhaust ripp[ed from the front hanger back and i ran over the pipe.. i stop and look abck and there in the middle of the road was my side exhaust in two pieces spinning! i grabbn my winter hat ouf of the trunk and pick up the two very hot pieces of once round now flat pipe.. if anyone tries to do thsi i suggest making sire your welds are good but mroeimportantly really get under there and makesure the elbo doesn't hang down too low.. the low elbo scraping is what initially caused the welds to break and it was done too quickly. ill miss this exhaust but only two weeks till my cooleeze turbo back exhaust comes in. i can wait and it will be much better havinbg a full 3" system out the back.

ill keep you posted and try and get picks up here when i get back to my mom's house