1/2 Na-T Vid

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Sorry about the video quality my camcorder sucks, the tape I am using is pretty old too so thats why it is grainy. Nothing special just a vid of the car starting up. More vids to follow. Later.

Please right click and save as:

1/2 NA-T Startup

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Very nice job with the conversion. I like the video aswell, the quality is still good enough to see everything well. I really liked watching the bov open and close, that was my fav part :p
eric

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
JT87NA where did u get ur info from to do the swap?
im doing one this summer and could use as much info as possible so thnx for what ever info u have.

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
D34DC311 said:
JT87NA where did u get ur info from to do the swap?
im doing one this summer and could use as much info as possible so thnx for what ever info u have.

Well for the most part I knew what I was doing. Most of the parts just bolt on since they are stock Turbo parts. Other than that I asked alot of questions. If you need help feel free to pm me on here or im me on aim at Jt87na. I will try to put up a webpage detailing how to do the 1/2 na-t conversion. Later.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
Stretch said:
Very nice job with the conversion. I like the video aswell, the quality is still good enough to see everything well. I really liked watching the bov open and close, that was my fav part :p
eric
was it just me or did i not see the bov in the video

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
whitemk3 said:
was it just me or did i not see the bov in the video

You can't see the bov, it is mounted right near the front of the car on the upper ic pipes.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
JT: The 2 times you gave it a big rev did I see a puff of blowby smoke from the breather hose?

I only ask cos I had problems with mine... anyone else notice it or am I seeing things?

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Yeah, right now I am just running coolant hose on the two places where the metal pipe meets up against the valve covers so it is probably not sealing air tight. Later.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I think where the 2 pipes T into single is a HUGE restriction I know I underestimated how much blowby there would be under boost by ohhh X10 ;)

Soon as mind got to 6000 on the dyno it pushed the dipstick out puked oil onto the wastegate which smoked like a bitch! (lucky it didn't catch fire)

Your motor sounds real snappy!
thanks for the vid.