NA LSD rear swap

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Hey guys, I've been looking around and I think it would be interesting to switch to the NA 4.30 rear setup for my DD. Now, I know that I need the rear from an NA Sport package, and that to make the speedo read right again I'd need the NA gear for that as well. However, I was wondering what the best route I can go to make totally sure that I not only get a NA LSD and not the open diff (what number am I looking for in the doorjam?) but that it will be in decient condition (I guess just miles right?) so that it will last.

Thanks guys!

J

JerzeySlowpra

my friend did that in his car im not sure what he changed to do it i'll find out and post back later, seemed to work pretty good

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?
mkIIIman089 said:
I know that I need the rear from an NA Sport package, and that to make the speedo read right again I'd need the NA gear for that as well.

Hey ! I just got a LSD N/A diff today....what gear is it that I need for the speedo to show correctly? Any link for that? :1zhelp:

EDIT I just read the next link....I have it now.

Thanks,
Url

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Mine should be here tomorrow. It has a good amount of miles on it; and I'm contimplating just taking it to a shop and having it rebuilt for good measure.

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that but I know the car it came off and it was in good shape or felt that way at least.

I really want this in as my diff is now open and it sux to drive. Oh the choices....

Are you rims gun metal? How did that work, paint or powder? Got a thread with the details? I don't want to "jack" this one.