fuel problems

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
cant get it to fire with out starting fluid. I replaced both filters, and visualy inspected for pressure at the pulse damp. having a bitch of a time finding much less borrowing a fuel pressure tester with an 8mm banjo fitting. so I'm just kinda wondering what I should do next? not trust the pump and replace it or try and clean the injectors if such a thing is possible. or pony up and buy the tester off the internet?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
try checking error codes. im willing to bet that the computer threw a code or 2, your problem may very well NOT be fuel related.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
how do I check error codes without getting it to run? also how do I tell which fuel injector plug goes to which injector

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
madseacow said:
how do I check error codes without getting it to run? also how do I tell which fuel injector plug goes to which injector
Turn the ignition switch on, locate the diagnostic plug under the hood, put a jumper wire(or paperclip) between terminals TE1 and E1. The codes should start flashing on the Check Engine light. For the injectors, They alternate between grey and brown. #1 is grey, #2 is brown, #3 is grey, and so on. They should only reach close to where they should go due to the wiring harness. It is highly unlikely that your injectors all simultaneously clogged. Try just turning the ignition switch on and listening for the fuel pump. In the diagnostic port, jump FP and B+ with the ignition on and listen by the fuel pressure regulator for fuel flowing through it. You will hear a swishing sound if fuel is going through it. If you hear nothing, it is probably your fuel pump.