Just curious.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I am seriously debating on whether or not I should sell my MKII to pay for school/build my MKIII. I've got like 3 years in this car, more money than I probably would want to add up, and a lot of memories. Having said that, I know every little defect in the car, all the things I SHOULD have done, but dad talked me out of, been completely through the car -the engine, and really love the car. The little "defects" are just bugging the hell out of me, when I look at the car it's like they're all I see. Don't get me wrong, I dont think it's a rust bucket (and it's not) but I'm just bored to tears with it. It doesn't break down, I dont have to fix anything, I cant do anything else to it, all I can do is get in, drive it, wash/wax it, and look at it. I know that sounds like an awesome car, I don't think I can accept that it's finished, mostly because of the memories of me and dad building her I guess, but I dunno. I know I'd cry if/when I get rid of it, I was just wondering what a peice like this might bring? Plus, I think I may actually like my MKIII better. :eek:

Attachments

• cars 200.jpg
    cars 200.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 30
  • cars 268.jpg
    cars 268.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Cars 107(2).JPG
    Cars 107(2).JPG
    334 KB · Views: 6
  • Cars 095(2).JPG
    Cars 095(2).JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Cars 096(2).JPG
    Cars 096(2).JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
you have plenty of things to do to it. 7MGTE or a JZ motor, rims, all kinds of stuff. I'd keep it if I were you. But I'm not so, I guess really it's your call.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
dude just put it aside if you cant work on it anymore just keep it with you and store it if you must. you will look back when you have your kid and he can help you with it. keep it, its a big peice of your life and if you let it go for pocket change, it wont last.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
No way I'd "put it aside". My brother does that with his 86 Mustang, and I must say that would have to be the biggest waste of money that I know of. Sure it's in awesome shape, and has low miles, but the car doesnt have a life. No one sees it, hears it, hell, I bet it hasn't moved in about a year. I'm just tossing ideas around in my head, no offers have been made, checks havent been cashed, I just don't want to see this thing rust away like all the others. If someone could enjoy it rather than it just sit around I'd be all for it. I think I've driven in once since I got my MKIII, and thats only because I wasn't sure if it would make it to Muncie or not yet. Would be nice having my next two years of school paid for though, not to mention I could start another project of some sort.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
sell it to someone who you know will keep it as well-kept as you will.
BUT, sell it under the condition that it's a rolling loan. sell it to them, as a sunday driver, then buy it back when you can. make a written contract that says so. pay them a little interest and you're done.

that's what i would do....
but only to someone who LOVES the car...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
holy crap that is the prettiest green i have ever seen.
ur car=god im goin to use it in my sig now.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
If you want to....sell it.

Go with your gut instinct.

If you can get X amount of dollars that you put into it...go for it!
I think you would be happier anyways...you are sounding like a wrenching type of guy...you like to work on cars alot :) ?

Do what makes you feel happiest.
I have a number of buddies that have gone through 12 cars in 3 years.....and dont regret one sale. And they spent so much money on each one, wrenching on them...getting them running right...then when all is good, they get bored with it....the power is not there....its not the color they wish it would be...its not breaking anymore...NOTHING TO CONQUER....lol

All i know is that i am feeling so good right now, driving my car everyday....not having one blinking light come on....nothing blowing up or breaking down. I remember all those long days and hours and nights figuring out whats wrong...why wouldn't it start or idle right.....

I am keeping my car till i die.....and no i wont give it to my kids....they would wreck it!

-Jonathan

Shinobu

Mmmm... Juicy!
Mar 30, 2005
Columbus, GA
If it is keeping you from going to school and your financial situation is tight, then sell it. If you can afford to go to school and keep the car then, of course, don't sell it! Unless you're gonna use the money to buy another Supra. :)

School > Supra (Well, most of the time).

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
D34DC311 said:

"prettiest green"?? dont call it that, thats like the time this girl saw my car and said it was cute.... i kept asking myself,,, cute.... cute... out of all the words in the english language..... cute... that totaly ruined my day.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
americanjebus said:
"prettiest green"?? dont call it that, thats like the time this girl saw my car and said it was cute.... i kept asking myself,,, cute.... cute... out of all the words in the english language..... cute... that totaly ruined my day.

Yeah the cute thing has happened to me before as well, lol.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Man, that car is awsome. I personaly wouldn't sell it. But do what you NEED to do, and don't look back. Best advice I can give.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
D34DC311 said:

hmm.... that makes me feel really good. Thanks man. And Siman, that is exactly how I feel. I couldn't have put it any better. I guess if I wanted to have something to work on constantly, I should have gotten an MKIII to start out with. :D

Here's some more pics, one of interior, (new carpet since then) and one to answer the age old question "WTF did U pick THAT color?". And be nice, I was only 16 whe I had the bike. It was better than a mo-ped, but only slightly faster. :eek: I can't get the before pics to upload, they just show how... much free time I had back then. lol I think they'll add to the first post though. Hopefully.

Attachments

• cars 202.jpg
    cars 202.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 6
  • cars 241.jpg
    cars 241.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 6

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hey now if ur a really man then pretty should be no word to shiver at. no cute on the other hand yes, defend urself from every chick that calls ne thing u own cute.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've already had this discussion with the GF, Supras are NOT cute. Words that can be used to describe them... Sexy... That about covers it. maybe when she gets her pink/purple Auto N/A it can be cute, but that wont happen not on my watch.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
I've already had this discussion with the GF, Supras are NOT cute. Words that can be used to describe them... Sexy... That about covers it. maybe when she gets her pink/purple Auto N/A it can be cute, but that wont happen not on my watch.
:D :D :D :D

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I added the pics to post #1. Took me 15 mins to figure out that they were 1800x1200 instead of 1600x1200, like the window was telling me all along. Like I said, they're just to show how much work was put into the car.

Edit:
No, I didn't buy it like that. lol