anyone here want this car?

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Yeah, they had it on the cover a couple of months back. Ridiculous power and performance considering it is somewhat factory delivered. The price isn't really even that bad considering. I'll take two, one in the color shown in the article, and one blacked out, now if I could only get one in left had drive.... :)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
im just wondering about the driving of a car like that, right hand drive i mean, is everything backwards??? like is it gas brake then clutch fron left to right and do you have 1st geer on the right and higher gear on the left, that would TOTALLY F$^$ me up

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Nope, everything is exactly the same, you "just" have to learn to shift properly with the other hand from the other side of the car. It still wouldn't feel right in traffic, you would be right next to the guy in the lane to your right, and when making turns, I'd be curbing those custom wheel like it was my job.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I saw this a couple of months ago in a mag - very impressive. They say it runs 10's on a stock 500hp [can we say "underrated like a mofo"?]. I wonder just how much they lightened up that Skyline, because GT-Rs aren't exactly light cars.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
At $170K each, the Z-tune is a tremendous bargain. In addition to it being a hand-built, obsessively finished and technologically saturated supercar, you get absolute exclusivity and rarified performance-for less than the cost of the cheapest Ferrari.

The Ferrari 360 Modena was only $140K, and the new F430 is just slightly under $170K. Just wondered why they'd say that when it's so close, lol, I would have gone with a different statement.

Oh well, heh, it's definitely one freakin' beastly machine. As far as driving RHD in North America, it's not bad, I've done it before. Passing on the highway, and making left turns are the only difficulties, but you just need to be patient. The pedals are still the same, as is the shift pattern. The turn signal is on the right side though.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Jeff Lange said:
The Ferrari 360 Modena was only $140K, and the new F430 is just slightly under $170K. Just wondered why they'd say that when it's so close, lol, I would have gone with a different statement.

Oh well, heh, it's definitely one freakin' beastly machine. As far as driving RHD in North America, it's not bad, I've done it before. Passing on the highway, and making left turns are the only difficulties, but you just need to be patient. The pedals are still the same, as is the shift pattern. The turn signal is on the right side though.

GIMME! :evil3:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
That thing runs it FROM THE FACTORY
the Z-tune ran 0-400 meters (a little shorter than a quarter mile) in 10.06 seconds during development.

Well of course NISMO factory....but still...Its a bargain.

Getting a 9K rpm twin turbo inline 6 AWD carbon fiber bodied, titanium exhaust, full racing bucketed car for that price with those performance numbers?

I would take it over ANY Ferrari/Maserrati/Lambo....

But the NSX-R would do just as fine. :biglaugh:

L

lanky189

nah...it's a joke SIman, i respect the skyline...but i'm not so terribly impressed that i saturate my speedo whenever I see/someone mentions one.

I passed a Lambo Murcielago(sp) on the way to work last Friday....that got my boxers a little snug...but it takes alot automotively to really tighen my whiteys.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Its not really the entire car ( package) that gets me going, the skyline GTR,...moreso its the MOTORS SOUND....600+hp RB26's singing at 9K rpm just really are beauty to my ears!

There is just something about those motors that just "sounds good"....the 2jz sounds awsome at high horsepower...but the skyine just has a distinct sound....I really think its in the individual throttle bodies... :wave: LOL

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I'm not a big Skyline freak.........yo.............but that particular one really gets to me. 150k vs 1.5million......no contest. not to mention its a tt inline 6 - a big plus for me. The car isn't fully carbon fiber, but has carbon fiber stiffener panels. But ever since one of the guys from VAS showed me that car a couple months ago, i've been hooked. The whole idea of a factory buying back some of their old cars to upgrade them to amazing levels stuns me.