fuel pump question

J

JerzeySlowpra

i tried looking around, is there a link to anything in the search engine about a walboro fuel pump install? and how to do the constant 12v mod, any help would be appreciated

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why would you use two A1000's? That kind of defeats the purpose of using a big external pump....

The Walbro install is fairly straightforward, drop the gas tank and pull out the pump and hanger, pull off the old pump and install the Walbro using the parts from the install kit and reassemble.

J

JerzeySlowpra

so i figured out how to get the pump in anyone know about the 12v mod?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
so the walboro can handle extra power to pump faster ( more fuel)? I didnt know that.

That shouldnt be hard to do....my brother is the wiring guru...i should ask him how to make a rising rate relay of some sort....thats pretty interesting.

And there is a meter in the right fender that must be bypassed to do this? Seems easy and logical.

good tip group a!

-Jonathan

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
group a supra said:
siman just wire it of the power into regulator then put a rising rate joby in and reconnect it to main feed to pump make sure its boost activated then more boost more fuel pressure i think your safe up to 16v
and your welcome

boost activated...as in tap a line from my boost gauge into this mechanaism you call a "joby"? :icon_razz

so essentially the more boost it senses, the more voltage is allowed through up to a certain extent. Hmmmm pretty smart!

-Jonathan