7m cranks, no spark.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Background: 7mgte, hks mhg, new gaskets, ground wire kit, t4 turbo, 550cc/lex afm/walbro 255.

Ok, I had to remove the cps again. I put it at TDC, lined up the marks on the cps, and slid it in. Well, it cranks, it's getting fuel...but no spark. I had a problem with my ignitor before, so that got replaced...

any ideas?

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
boost PSSH boost said:
Background: 7mgte, hks mhg, new gaskets, ground wire kit, t4 turbo, 550cc/lex afm/walbro 255.

Ok, I had to remove the cps again. I put it at TDC, lined up the marks on the cps, and slid it in. Well, it cranks, it's getting fuel...but no spark. I had a problem with my ignitor before, so that got replaced...

any ideas?

Test your CPS, if it's bad you'll get no spark.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/ig/IG_16.html

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
Sometime the wiring is too old and mess up the cps and give you no sparks. If your wire is brittle and half of it is missing like mine is, it does that sometime. I usually just tap it a few time or jiggle it to get the wire connection back and it fire up. This happen more frequent in hot summer in conjuction with the starter heat soak problem.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Check the ECU ground wires on the intake manifold, check the coil pack ground on the head, check engine codes, and check your coil pack wiring harness (the 3-1) for cracks and missing wiring insulation.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
well, I checked codes, and there's too many to remember. At least 7. D'oh!!

I wish the supra would have picked a better time to go nuts and break...I'm neck deep in a jeep rebuild and a ZC swap in my daily driver civic....plus I'm short on cash until late july.

I'll check the grounds and coil packs. I'll take a look at the cps wiring as well.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I have a local mk3 guy coming up....we'll get it sorted out tonight. Thanks for the help.

12, 14, 22(I think), 24, 51. I had a couple more last night, but they were old.

If this car doesn't run....worst case scenario is tearing the 7m out and going to town on it. I have new crowers and JE's up in the attic just waiting...