well its been about a month...

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
well its been about a month now since I have been the owner of my new turbo supra. I can say its a big jump from my 88 N/a supra. Few things I have taken notice of though:
-If the car Is clean and the targa off everyone looks at you and ppl will stop and talk to you and compliment you on your car.
-The turbo supra really isn't that fast I have noticed, even with my mods it just doesn't seem to keep up with other cars. Well I have done some drag racing and whatever I race I always kill. But yet it just doesn't feel the same as my old 89 probe GT. When ppl fly by me and I floor it it I just can't seem to keep up with them. With the probe however if some one tried to do that and I floored it I would be way gone. Im just guessing its becauses the supra a heavy car and that the turbo takes a bit more time to spool then the smaller turbo that was on my 89 probe GT. Sad when a civic does a fly by and you can't catch up :thumbsdow . But however I noticed its power when up high like past 100 km/hr it is amazing. On the highway no one can fly by me my friend has trried in his 89 crx si and no luck passed him like he was standing still. Basiclly I im guess the supra seems to have alot more higher up hp then early on accleration(when im drag racing some one I notice I won't start to pull on them till 3rd gear but when I do its crazy)
-that my 88 was in mint shape compared to my 90 but I love my 90 turbo 10X more
-That Im stuck looking at it even more then I did at my n/a :love:
-everyone thinks its twin turbo
-And that SUPRA'S ROCK!!!! :icon_twis

And thats what I have noticed thnx for listening. :beer:

Last edited:

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Are you using an aftermarket boost gauge that reads vacuum as well? It is possible you have vacuum leaks causing bad performance. I know I did on my current 89 turbo so I went nuts and replaced every gasket and the car has it's nuts back. :)

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
DrakeMK3 said:
Are you using an aftermarket boost gauge that reads vacuum as well? It is possible you have vacuum leaks causing bad performance. I know I did on my current 89 turbo so I went nuts and replaced every gasket and the car has it's nuts back. :)
no I don't have an aftermarket boost gague sadly enough.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
yea i hear what your saying about the whole seeming slow thing...but our cars do have some balls. I just wish my stupid second gear wasnt so damn hard to downshift into then i could have some real fun

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
doom26464 said:
no I don't have an aftermarket boost gague sadly enough.

i bought a ac autotechnic invision from horsepower freaks with a greddy single pod for a good price. Reads vac well and is accurate with boost. If your on a fixed budget its nice. Get the black face though..i have the silver and its hard to read in bright sunlight

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
just wait till you replace the stock piping attatched to that 3 inch DP you have. pm doc jones and get one of his MBC's like i did. a boos guage would help too... i love my little autometer. i agreee with you though the car is a bit of a slow pig when its stock or close to it. once you open things up it starts to move. just to be safe maby check all your IC pipes and vac lines. once i replaced the plastic IC pipe i cracked with a metal one, the car felt amazing at 10 psi, untill i lost a bolt out of my differential :eek3dance

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea dude little mods like unrestricted piping add horsepower like no other. infact im starting to think this car reacts too well to modifications i havent even put much work into my meezly mods and i'm already at a point where i cant really add power without needing a new transmission, (i'm in an auto)

intake, bosch 110, 3'' cooleeze dp and elbow, approx 220 rwhp. so thats about 260 ish crank so i got like 30 more hp in safe zone that i can add before my auto decides to destroy the clutches.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
stanzaspeed said:
just wait till you replace the stock piping attatched to that 3 inch DP you have. pm doc jones and get one of his MBC's like i did. a boos guage would help too... i love my little autometer. i agreee with you though the car is a bit of a slow pig when its stock or close to it. once you open things up it starts to move. just to be safe maby check all your IC pipes and vac lines. once i replaced the plastic IC pipe i cracked with a metal one, the car felt amazing at 10 psi, untill i lost a bolt out of my differential :eek3dance
my god, how did u losse the bolt out of your differential??? probaly all that auto X u do weakend it up. :ugh: