My 7MGTE Swap Passed CA Emissions/Shocks?

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Yay. My Swap passed CA emissions yesterday.

I am so happy.

Now its time for tires, shocks, new windshield, wheel bearings, brakes, and who knows what else.

Any suggestion on shocks? Don't want TEMS, and Koni's are too expensive.

P

PunaMKlll

i thought konis where too expensive, then i blew my spanking new kyb's and bought konis and all i can say is there more than worth the extra cash, i just wish i had bought them in the first place.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
bluemax said:
Did you take it to the state referee?

Yup.

They aren't the smartest people in the world by the way.

Hehe.....It took him 20 minutes to figure out that the constant flashing of the CEL really means there are no codes. :nuts:

MKIII87Turbo

Mar 31, 2005
IB/South San Diego
I'm going to stick up for the referee on this one, there are 1000's of different cars out there and you can't memorize all of them, let alone ones that are modified. If he was stuck on your CEL and nothing else you either did a good job and replaced everything like you are supposed to or you got lucky. They can fail you for just about anything. The 2 refs I have met have been really great guys and will help you out.

Great to hear that people can get their cars pass the referees. Next a 2JZ in a MKIII. It would be legal since it came from a newer car.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
MKIII87Turbo said:
I'm going to stick up for the referee on this one, there are 1000's of different cars out there and you can't memorize all of them, let alone ones that are modified. If he was stuck on your CEL and nothing else you either did a good job and replaced everything like you are supposed to or you got lucky. They can fail you for just about anything. The 2 refs I have met have been really great guys and will help you out.

Great to hear that people can get their cars pass the referees. Next a 2JZ in a MKIII. It would be legal since it came from a newer car.

You're right, I should cut some slack. And they were great people. Very friendly. The best part was, is that I got the feeling that he figured i was a car guy and gave me the benefit of the doubt and actually cared that I passed.

It was just funny though. They hooked up this mega expensive machine to the computer: "Uhhh, what does that mean?" Went look in book "Umm....I don't know what that means, maybe the CPU is bad?" "Oh, wait here it is, its fine, oh and you can stop counting the flashes from the dash board."

His assistant: "Okay, I was up to 80 though" LOL.....