what are these knob things in the trunk?

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Pics of these knobs might help us answer that question...a little vague on what you are talking about right now.

baodownbia

May 30, 2005
houston, tx
there's 1 on each side of the trunk..and it juts out...haha i'm too lazy to go take pics...but if no1 can answer the question then i might have to go do that...

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
If it is for the targa, there are two points just behind the rear seats that extend into the hatch a little bit with some kind of spring mechanism inside and there are two points along the back of the hatch that flip up to hold the targa in as well...

HTH...

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i set winsheilds all day,so putting the targa on and taking it off is no big deal.then again its always off.
keith

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
baodownbia said:
ahhhh ok thanks i got it...damn that targa is kinda heavy when ur moving it around in different positions..
Don't worry, you will get used to it. At first when I got my car I said, "Now how do we do this?" Within a couple of times, you will laugh for making that post.

As I mentioned before, at first I thought handling the targa was awkward, but now, I remove the whole hood (stock hood) everytime I work on the car and then put it back on. Of coarse my car is a work in progess somewhat, if it were a running car, I would just pop the hood up like most of the people and not lift and carry it aside the way I do.

Practice with that targa, homie.

Btw, Targa > convertable > T tops > Sunroof > all else.
My first favorite car that I was all crazy about was the Ferrari 308 GTS -- Magnum PI's ride (although he did not own it, but Robin Masters did), which was later updated to the 328 in following episodes. Those cars (the 308 & the 328) defined what the ultimate car's features should be, for me and my tastes.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Wait, I know what hes talking about...the ones at the top of the rear of the car to hold the targa..

Putting in the targa may be trouble if thats what you are talking about. Lifting it itself shouldnt be too hard...if it is, then you need to work out MUCH more because that thing is probably 1/4 the weight of me and I never have a problem with it! Putting in the back may take a few tries as was said if the previous owner didnt inform you.

I've also removed the hood by myself before, although that was MUCH more heavy and akward!! When I work on my car, I usually perch/sit on one of the strut towers. Being skinny and flexible helps, and my back agrees!

To add to your list ^, Hardtop > Targa

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
When I first got my car, I was a lightweight and weighed only 140 - I can't imagine what it would have been like if I was only 120. I've gained a bit of muscle weight since then in my back and arms, plus when you sling the targa on and off all the time during the hot and beautiful Florida rainy seasons, you get really used to it. It will rain, so you will have to put the top on, but then again if the rain goes away, it's too hot and nice out to resist taking the top off.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
What I do (except during hurricane season) is just not bolt it back on...whenever I go somewhere, I take it off and when I get there, I put it back on but dont bolt it on. its easier that way.

But yeah its usually too hot not to have it, especially with an inquisitive A/C like my own...

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
You guys should feel the MK4 targa, you could fling it around with one hand. Only problem is it's a PITA to fit in their tiny hatch. I personally have no problems moving the MK3 targa around. Some muscle and some long arms certainly helps. An asian friend of mine has a pretty tough time removing the targa solo. He can't hold both sides of the targa at once :)

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
the worst part bout the targa is the heat after the roof has been sittn in the summer sun all day and u wanna take it off,copped a cupple nasty burns from not bein quick enuff to let go.plus bein that its black dosnt help.here in aust we get 35-44deg days in summer.Has any1's lil ratchety spanner tool broken? i use a socket and ratchet to tighten/loosen mine

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Well too me the most easiest way is too take the top off from the inside of the supra just unbolt and push up then just place it in your back seat. I was reading some where in the fourms about carbon fiber targa top did that ever go through and how much lighter was it.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Hasnt gone through, Duane will probably need a lot more people to confirm buying it, what it would look like and for how much. Towards the end of the year, I might have one though..I have a local guy who could probably make some for people a bit more local...I get dibs on the south U.S., Duane can have north U.S. and Canada :p