got killed by a mr2

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I was going to get something to eat when I saw my neighbor in his mr2 turbo.
The guy waited for me I was in 4th gear so downshifted to 3rd until 7000rpms and then I shifted to 4th gear he was 1/2 car in front of me then we slowed down cuz he turned left and I turned right.
When i saw him racing once it was slow but he had an accident and after that I don't know what he did to it cuz it looks different with some body kit and he's running more boost cuz I saw his blue boost gauge and some other gauges. He has a roller cage and a loud catback.
I can't wait to fix my mk3 cuz it has a lot of potential.
I need to put a new MHG, shocks, brakes,tps again I think I need to get a new one. I haven't installed the MBC that I have cuz I need to get a boost gauge but I don't want to spend too much on that. There's one ebay it says
MK1 EL GLO 2 1/16" 30 PSI BOOST GAUGE & POD What do you guys think?
I need to replace some belts too.
This guy is kinda cocky so now the he beat me he;s going to act like the big shit. I'm going to race him in my camaro until my mk3 it's ready.
I have a bhg but the car do not overheat, no oil in the coolant, I don't have to add coolant hte only thing is the white smoke right after I start it and it smells like acid. :mad:

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
This morning I saw the mr2 in the parking lot so I checked inside the car and it has a short shifter and under the glove box it has a some kinda boost controller. The tach is white and it shows 160mph. The hood is carbon fiber and it has black sparco seats.
I'm going to install my MBC but I don't have the boost gauge yet
should I wait or just install it and when I hit fuel cut turn down the boost a bit.

C

cnewingham

first off it doesnt matter about what his speedo says. I can bury mine. You need to have a boost gauge in order to set the mbc so you know what you running at and if you are getting a spike. I bought mine off ebay for $40 new and shipped. You also have to remember that his car is lighter and most racing from street light to street light he will win depending on the distance HOWEVER IT IS DANGEROUS!! Race him on the highway. MR2's are nice cars. you also need to remember he is modded and you are not. Look into getting ann intake and a full 3in. exhaust from the turbo back and you will be amazed at how much of a difference is made.

T

toyota_supra_1988

those SW20's are fast, there light and can be made powerful.

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
blacksupra said:
I have a bhg but the car do not overheat, no oil in the coolant, I don't have to add coolant hte only thing is the white smoke right after I start it and it smells like acid. :mad:

should probably take care of that before you worry about a boost gauge and mbc. shouldnt really be driven the car at all with a bhg much less racing people if you did indeed have the bhg at the time of the race.