Why can't I receive rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I tried searching, but nothing.

I'm sorry for posting a reputation question, but I'm not receiving any rep - positive or negative. Highest number of posts a person had was 1206, and no color showed up in the rep marker, just blank gray. I have like ten gray ones....

edit: hmm, the title should read: how come i can't... i'm tired leave me alone :)

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Ooh, free rep points! Can I have some of the positive variety? I promise to feed them, and walk them, and clean up after them....

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I wasn't going to give free rep points, I was just saying, since I have so many, if I give someone positive rep, it adds quite a bit, lol, so if you make a really good post, and I give you some rep... you'll like it ;).

(PS: I meant just to test his ability to recieve it, lol)

EDIT: And you guys are right, this is not SF, and no "give me rep, I'll give you rep" threads will be allowed, it makes the rep system more useless than it is, and if that started happening, we'd probably just turn it off, it would be completely pointless. As it stands, sometimes it's just nice to get some positive feedback on posts you make, lets you know people liked what you had to say, etc. I'd like it to stay that way. :)

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
i have notice only the admins have rep points. so in other words only admins can give rep points that would mean something. every one else have no rep points.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
streetknight said:
i have notice only the admins have rep points. so in other words only admins can give rep points that would mean something. every one else have no rep points.
That's odd. Mike set this up, and I'm not familiar with how it works, so I've been mostly ignoring it. Might have to figure it out now, though. :)

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
empera said:
lol, wtf...stupid rep system...
My homie said it best -- damn right!

My feelings are primarily based on and have developed from what I seen on another forum:
I don't need green squares to validate me; I am self assured enough as is. I know who I am. I know what I know and what I don't know.
I also don't need to feel like I am better than others by flashing more green squares than others when they see my posts.

I recently helped an MKIV guy on SF with a problem via a PM with a link to one of my write-ups here, he PM'd me back to thank me (actually he sincerely thanked me twice within his reply). That was plenty enough for me, and I am glad he did not rep me.

I honestly hope I finish my car before a BS rep system corrupts this site over too. Seems like I have no faith in this rep system, doesn't it? I think that it is about as valid a system as having high school kids grade each others papers and tests, and then decide who passes and who does not.

I also don't like the injustice it brings with it, as it proved ... I will stop writing right there, maybe I said too much already.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Tony Mawad said:
My homie said it best -- damn right!

My feelings are primarily based on and have developed from what I seen on another forum:
I don't need green squares to validate me; I am self assured enough as is. I know who I am. I know what I know and what I don't know.
I also don't need to feel like I am better than others by flashing more green squares than others when they see my posts.

I recently helped an MKIV guy on SF with a problem via a PM with a link to one of my write-ups here, he PM'd me back to thank me (actually he sincerely thanked me twice within his reply). That was plenty enough for me, and I am glad he did not rep me.

I honestly hope I finish my car before a BS rep system corrupts this site over too. Seems like I have no faith in this rep system, doesn't it? I think that it is about as valid a system as having high school kids grade each others papers and tests, and then decide who passes and who does not.

I also don't like the injustice it brings with it, as it proved ... I will stop writing right there, maybe I said too much already.

Good post, Tony! I couldn't agree more. I just want all negs for the hell of it. Though, I know it will make me look like a jack-ass that doesn't know anything, but like you said, I know what I know, and what I do not.

Everybody knows I help when I can and that I'am a worthy member of the Mkiii family (I hope). For myself wanting all negs - I just think of it as a rebellion against the system, lol :nuts:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Tony Mawad said:
Are you still hurting over that?

Man let it go I gave you the Neg rep cos YOU as a Moderator repeatedly argued and fought with a member on an issue that should have been resolved either by a PM or an E-mail!

You should take note of the other mods here and how they handle conflict resolution!

But maybe now I've said too much........

You have an issue talk to me and knock off the snide digs everytime a thread fits your agenda.

When SM first started on the new software I suggested that Neg rep be removed as it just gets peoples panties in a bunch and this has proved me correct!

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
IJ. said:
Tony Mawad said:
Are you still hurting over that?

Man let it go I gave you the Neg rep cos YOU as a Moderator repeatedly argued and fought with a member on an issue that should have been resolved either by a PM or an E-mail!

You should take note of the other mods here and how they handle conflict resolution!

But maybe now I've said too much........

You have an issue talk to me and knock off the snide digs everytime a thread fits your agenda.

When SM first started on the new software I suggested that Neg rep be removed as it just gets peoples panties in a bunch and this has proved me correct!

Reading comprehension for IJ:
Tony Mawad said:
...My feelings are primarily based on and have developed from what I seen on another forum:...
Now what does that mean to you?

Don't flatter yourself.
Nope, it is not at all because of something you bad repped me for.
Since you mentioned it, SM has NO trolling on it anymore. Did you notice that? When is the last time you seen trolling in my section? What about the improvements in the atmosphere I brought in. I have seen many people post differently since that. Like it or not, LamaRossa IS a member of this community and deserves the basic common courtesies that ALL members should have, and it needed stating in front of all to get things done once and for all.

I get paid to manage and lead 20 people at a time that I have never met before every day, and I know more about managing such things than you do. So I believe you are at a loss for knowledge on that issue.

Btw, not everyone in the world will always agree with you. Just because I made some valid points that contradict your original post does not mean you have to be bitter about it. It is a forum -- where many valid opinions should be welcomed. Only then can you learn at the highest degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.