What do you know about these cars?

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
I'm in the market a 4 door car and have narrowed down my choices to these 4. These would be about 1 or 2 years old, The market right now is crazy and I'm not about to loose $20K buying one of these new..

Lexus
LS430 Its liquid soft, I think it maybe too old for me, Lot of old people drive this one

GS430 Good Power, a little smaller but I can work with it, There are too many of these around though. I'm kinda staying shy of this one b/c I know I'll go screwing around try to 2JZ it :icon_neut

Infiniti Q45
Lot more bang for the Buck then the LS430, You don't see that many, I still have a sour taste in my mouth over Nissan's customer service, I hear infiniti is better

Benz E430 or E500
I know its a Benz but is it reliable, Its not like I can walk into pepboy and find parts for these cars easy.

BMW and Acura are not allowed to play. I looked as some caddys but I'm just afread the thing would break down, the STS is pretty nice but It didn't make the cut.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
One thing I can say about all of those cars -
90% of people who purchased them from the lot never planned on doing any of their own maintenance. That may have an effect on parts availability.

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
I'm getting old but not over the hill yet. Wife is expecting our 2nd child so I wanna have a nice comfy family ride. Can't lug carseats in the supra.

Friend at a local toyota dealer can get me lexus parts at cost. Its infiniti and benz I'm worried about.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Benz = mega expensive labor and parts.

Infinite = Bleh..

Lexus = Sounds like your best choice. Parts are expensive but prolly not quite as expensive as the Benz.

*Note, my opinion, use it at your own risk*

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I'd personally go with the GS or the Q (have you looked at the new/older M45?). My parents have a nissan (infiniti, same thing) and I love it, very comfortable and relaxing to drive. Never driven a Lexus before, only stationary.

-J

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Jon Infiniti is Nissans big brother as Lex is Toyotas. My brother owns the G35 coupe, The built quality is a lot better then my old maxima. Only reason they have these brand names here in the U.S b/c A Toyota was not good enough for GMs Caddy..

I've owned plenty of Maximas, I just sold my 02 6spd 2 months ago, I'm looking for a little bigger car. I don't think I'll ever own any mitsu car, they are full of electrical problems.

the LS is hands down the best of the bunch I think, but there are too many on the road. the GS430 I think is a sleeper sadan.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I've actually been looking at some older Lexus's on ebay...LS400 is what I would like to have one day for a DD. I would go Lexus!

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
i work at a Volvo dealer and man, they got some nice cars. Want somethin with nice room, looks sweet and is pretty damn fast? Try out an S60 R. That is if you have the wallet for it, lol. Most of their stuff is really nice though. I drove a few loners around and they ride great, they handle great and they're pretty quick.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I cant believe I just read someone degrading Nissans build quality.....

Nissan/Infinity has some of the best build quality in the world. Not only them but Toyota/Lexus is in the same right!

We have had both in my family, Lexus LS400's and now Nissan and Infinity...either float my boat. Both have super nice features and great product and reliablitly...

You just cant go wrong with high doller Jap. imports...now the German cars are just retarded on parts/labor.....I would never own a Mercedes or BMW just because that fact.

-Jonathan

PS: I would get the LS430.....or the Infinity Qship.....both are EXTREMELY nice and not your average old fogie ride....very high tech!