Me vs. '02 WS6

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Just went to the track on Friday night with my friend and his Trans Am. He was hell bent on running 12s so he didn't quit till he did. 10 runs later, 12.98@110.5mph. Good for him, he was pumped. So we each had a passenger on the ride home, merged onto the highway, and had a huge break in traffic. My car is running a little rich, but he wanted to go anyway. So we line up at about 55mph, and like a lazy sack of crap I leave my car in 3rd, could've gone to 2nd. So he's got half a car from the start and I give him the hit. So I just lean into it, wait for spool, he goes to about a full car at this point, then I spool, and start to reel him in. At this point I'm waiting to out rev him and hear him shift (True Duals are LOUD, so I hear it pretty well), then finally when I'm next to him I hear him shift, and there's half a car for me. I glance down, 7k (I still have the limiter in place at 7400 or so, I can't remember), so I shift hard to 4th, lose no ground, and once in 4th I just walk. Shut down halfway through 4th, had a few (2+) cars on him, I'm not even sure, but it was broken wide open in 4th. My friend leaned out the window and waved goodbye to him, just being a dick. My buddy got a laugh out of it. We went again later but my V1 was going frickin' BONKERS. He caught me in the wrong gear later and was much closer, we shut down again before I was even done with 3rd gear because my radar was going haywire again. He can't get over how nice my car is on the highway. This was also on a 4.10 Torsen. My Air/Fuel is about 10.6-10.7:1 at WOT, so there is a long way to go. This was at 18psi and I run 100octane all the time (3k miles per year I don't blow money on gas all the time). I am heading to the dyno in the upcoming weeks to tune with my friend. Don't usually post stories, but it was a fun night and even he told me we're gonna run again when I tune so he can see how ugly it'll get. I know my choice of gears sucked, but you don't need to remind of that, I'm well aware ;) Thanks for reading.

-J

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
He has intake lid, long tube headers, and true duals out the back over the axle. I am the one with the 4.10s, not him, he's still on the stock 3.42 rear :)

-J