Alternator and Water pump

rtboy02

Jun 14, 2005
highland, utah
I have some more noob questions for you kind folks :)

I am going to put in an electric fan and scrap the hydraulic system from the 1JZ fan and water pump. Will a 2JZ water pump fit the 1JZ? Will it work with the serpentine belt system?

Other question is will a 2JZ 90 amp alternator fit the 1JZ? If so, I should be able to use the 1JZ alternator as a core... :eek3dance

supramanmk3

Supra : PRICELESS
Jun 12, 2005
New Jersey
First,yes the 2JZ water pump will fit the 1JZ. Second, get a 2JZ serpentine belt. And third, I don't know about alternator. HTH. :)

rtboy02

Jun 14, 2005
highland, utah
Awesome, thanks for the info!

However, are the electrical connections the same? I went to have my 1JZ alternator tested at the local Auto Parts store on their sweet testing machine. They can just plug in the replacement part number and hook up the right electrical adapter that the system tells them to use and test away. But when I told them my car was a MKIV Supra, the electrical adapter the system told them to use for all their replacement part numbers did not hook up to the 1JZ alternator.

Also, there is a 100 amp alternator for the auto 2JZ and a 90 amp for the 6 speed 2JZ...

BigTSetter

Apr 6, 2005
Denver
The SC300 alternator also is a perfect swap. With the MKIV you'll need the additional alternator connector that is listed on the SF post.

Bryan

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
BigTSetter said:
The SC300 alternator also is a perfect swap. With the MKIV you'll need the additional alternator connector that is listed on the SF post.

Bryan

Ditto... AND, it only costs ~$150

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
if you want the auto parts store to test it tell them its a mkIII with 7m.it has the same plug and wiring.i had them test mine.there is no debate the mkIV 2j alternator bolts up.the pulley on my remanufactered alt was a little bigger(no big deal).try stryder on e-bay for 2j three piece billet pulleys($63 shipped) instead of the $90 toyota steel water pump pulley
keith

rtboy02

Jun 14, 2005
highland, utah
Let me make a clarification for anyone else trying this...

The 2JZ water pump will NOT work with the 1JZ water pump housing. You will need to get both, along with the 2JZ pulley. I found this out the hard way :3d_frown: