TurboXS RFL

KrZyV3

Apr 1, 2005
My question is for anybody who knows about or has a TurboXS RFL bov. How many washers should I use if I am running stock boost? Is it better to use more or less washers right now with low boost?
I already know this isn't the best BOV that I can use but it is all that I have right now.

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
They aren't that bad of a BOV. Not sure on the washers though. I would say start with one if your keeping stock boost. Have you ever thought about a GReddy Type S?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Dude.. how thick are the washers? It's not a number of washers that determines things - it's the distance that you are shimming. What one man accomplishes with 5 washers, another may need 10. Best to get an aftermarket boost gauge and experiment until you are getting the amount of boost you desire. Patience is the key here. Fork out a little cash for an accurate boost gauge at the very least.

KrZyV3

Apr 1, 2005
I already have an aftermarket boost gauge (reads fine). The bov is not going to minus or subtract boost IMO, it was just the venting that I was mainly concerned about.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
I was thinking of getting the RFL since it is so cheap; but are you talking about shimming the 'wastegate' or the BOV?

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
He's talking about the BOV. They come with some washer shims so you can adjust the spring tention. I'm looking into getting one as well as soon as I get rid of my GReddy Type S

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
Sorry man. Lookin to sell the GReddy. I thought I ordered the Type H by mistake but I just received the RFL yesterday. If it wasn't an RFL I would of traded ya + a little cash

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
bobtsgt said:
Sorry man. Lookin to sell the GReddy. I thought I ordered the Type H by mistake but I just received the RFL yesterday. If it wasn't an RFL I would of traded ya + a little cash
did your bov(turbox)come with directions for shimming it.thickness of the washers and how many for certain psi
keith

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
sorry man no directions. It just came with valve, horn, 2 fittings, hex wrench, and a couple of washers. I would say run it with out the shims at first. If it feels like its too loose then add a washer and run it again. Keep adding washers until it doesn't sound like its leaking out.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
ya i don't have any washers in it now.i bought it used at a swap meet.i swapped the stock one out and its still holding 12psi.i was figuring more washers would make more spring pressure for higher boost.
thanks keith

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
One looks polished and one looks aluminum. But that could be the camera too_Other then that I guess there the same manufacturer. Just a different name.