Little Bit of IJ in us all.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Hey all, I have finally installed my Suprasport short sport shifter V2. Say that 10 times real fast. Now your all wondering about the title, well it was IJ's. If you all remember he bought it ages ago before he did the gearbox swap. I snuck in and purchased it from him as I thought he no longer needed it. Any way its in and as for performance. :eek3dance Oh my freqin crap! how good is that thing. Has anyone played Daytona lately. It dead set feels like your playing at an arcade. No viabration short and I mean short crisp shifts. I'm still smiling and its midnight. For anyone thinking about getting it, do it.

Now for the shit house bit. I thought well if im taking out the shifter ill change the oil. WRONG. I jacked the car up got my 24mm socket and could not get the drain plug off. Im not a small boy and i was swinging like a monkey off that fu*ker. So yeah I didn't change it. :1zhelp:

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
Mk3 TurboS said:
I jacked the car up got my 24mm socket and could not get the drain plug off. Im not a small boy and i was swinging like a monkey...

It's all about the leverage ... take the handle off your jack (or something similar), throw it on the end of your ratchet, and you'll bust that nut before you can say "Suprasport short sport shifter V2" 10 times fast. :p

Werd.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I just put my box end wrench on the nut and jack up the other end with my floorjack. Get it nice and tight, then slide out from under the car and bounce on the front bumper. Damn thing cracks loose right quick. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mk3TS: The title had me cracking up and a little uncomfortable at what I was going to find in here! ;)

Really glad it's gone to a good home Peter!
(Still have a grin thinking about the monkey bit!)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
To crack loose stubborn nuts/bolts, I slip one end of a large dog-bone [double-sided closed-end wrench] on the end of my ratchet handle. Push on the dog bone. It makes it so easy - it's kinda like using a pulley to assist in lifting instead of just lifting.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
IJ: Sorry for scaring you like that, never thought about it that way. lol

As for the rest of you ill give your methods a few attemps. I've tried some of them, I currently have a few nice gashes on my arms nuckles and back from trying. I love cars!! Thanks heaps all I appreciate your help.