upgraded supra's dyno tuning day

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So, Saturday I headed down to Washington state for Duane's new dyno tuning session with a few new goodies. Beautiful day to be at the beach, not such a good day for tuning on a dyno, even so, a good time was had by everyone involved I think.

Yes, the engine is running in that picture. No, he's not running that boost all the time, just when he has race gas. ;)

I'm not allowed to post numbers yet - that's Duane's perogative - but I will point out that most people would hesitate to race a 'Busa on the way home from the dyno unless they had some very sweet power at their beck and call. :D

Attachments

• Duane02.JPG
    Duane02.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Duane01.JPG
    Duane01.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 80

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'm not entirely sure yet - I brought my camera which normally would take video, but then my stinking good for nothing battery gave up the ghost. :(

Not that video of his car on the dyno is very impressive - it looks the same every time, and it's SO loud that video just doesn't do it any justice. Kind of like the difference between watching a documentary on Pearl Harbour and standing on the bridge of the Arizona when the forward magazine went AWOL. :)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
:sonic: I was there also, and can tell you that if you doubt the cababilities of the 7M-GTE, givin' the right people tweaking and tuning it, you shouldn't! His (Duanes) car is nothing short of unbelievable! Loud and proud! So f...in' loud that my fingers got stuck in my ears! The last peak hp pull he made, I could have sworn I saw him grin, when he looked at the dyno screen! But if you know Duane, you also know that he is modest about big numbers. I don't think you'll see him gloating, untill he starts approaching them big MkIV numbers! My money is on that, he will soon! :boink: :boink: