wont start

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
alright im at my wits end here, maby some of you can help. i just finished dropping my car off jack stands for the first time in about 2 weeks. it was down for a boost leak hunt and guage install. once all was said and done i had found my boost leak (plastic elbow coming from IC was split in 2 :icon_wink ) i replaced the leaky section with some JDM canadian tire crush bent piping i bought for $14 and painted up.

then came the boost guage seeing as how my stocker was next to useless. tapped the power for the light from the light around the cig lighter. ran the vac hose through fire wall blah blah blah, teed off onto the same line as the stocker. once everything was all put back together i dropped the car and tried to start it... no go.

i played with some wires i thought might be loose, still nothing. pulled ecu fuse and watched tv for 30 min. put the fuse back in and it started, ran smooth as ever, then died as after idleing for 2 minutes while i was trying to make my hood fit. tried to start it again, it just wouldent go. from what i can gather it seems to be an electrical problem but im not sure. nothing electrical was touched on the car except for a crappy coilpack ground wire that was replaced. i even tried switching the old one back just to humor my self and it still did nothing (as expected).

any help you can offer would be much appreciated. im about to go out and try again and see if that helps.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
well i went back out and fought with it some more and it finally started. held idle like a dream and boosted strong to 12 or so psi. i got some dirty looks from old ladies and some open mouths as a pulled by with the open downpipe. hopefully it will start again here now that im letting it sit for 5-10 minutes as a test... fingers crossed :x: