Renewed the 'Toyota SUPRA' badging on the back

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Mine was all faded and hard to see, as seen in the first picture. Now it looks like new again, as seen in the second picture.

Used a bit of sandpaper to rough up the surface of the letters, some rubbing alcohol to clean it, and a fine brush from a hobby shop to repaint the letters. The whole procedure took about 2 hours.

Attachments

• badging5.JPG
    badging5.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 140
  • badging6.JPG
    badging6.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 154

stakie

May 7, 2005
Neptune, NJ
Jeez, am I the only one that wants to take them all out. The only thing I want on there is the read badge on the hood.

Just my taste though. Good deal with yours.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
good idea. looks like new now. i can see the little wooden stool you must have been sitting on in the reflection on your super clean bumper. it sure dosent look like it would be comfy to sit on for two hours. :crazy1:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
stanzaspeed said:
good idea. looks like new now. i can see the little wooden stool you must have been sitting on in the reflection on your super clean bumper. it sure dosent look like it would be comfy to sit on for two hours. :crazy1:
You're right. Not that my rump was aching by the end of it, but my neck sure was. Still, I think it was well worth it! :)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
stakie said:
Jeez, am I the only one that wants to take them all out. The only thing I want on there is the read badge on the hood.

Just my taste though. Good deal with yours.

You aren't the only one.
When I swap engines, I plan to also get whatever body pieces and re-paint the car. At that time, I want to remove all stock badging and "identification" except for maybe a pre-'90 "Supra" front badge.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
mine was painted over red with the car and now i have new "2.5 twin turbo r "emblems on the other side.if i did the same it would probably look good.
keith