Anyone here running 17's on front and 18's on the rears?

S

SupraSith

How's it look? Do you have to get a much lower profile tire in the back to keep the stance even?

I'm going to be using H&R's which drop further in the back.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Why have a lower profile tire in the back ?? shouldnt it be the opposite..you need more gum in the back than inthe front.

For the look, i think I get what you want..JDM style right lol...ya esthetic wise it aint ugly, but id stay the same on all 4

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
I have 17's in the front and 18's in the rear. I dont realy get what pynkeye is talking about. Its not realy even that noticable. I havent lowered it yet so I cant really tell you what H&R's would look like. Im happy with it. sometimes I think I would want 18's in the front too though but I like it I show pictures when I can get some

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I thought of that as being sort of a drag racer/hot rod/muscle car look.
I think I might like it.

My idea of a sports car, or one that is pleasing to my eyes, is to have the low in the front & high in the back look. That look comes standard on Lamborghini's, Ferrari's...just about every supercar. One reason I would never go wingless is because it takes away from that effect.

Let's see some pics.
Mob is also wanting to see pics: heh
http://supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3115

kntmikado

Rage Your Dream...
Apr 2, 2005
East Troy, WI 53120
Doesn't having the car low in back and high in front contribute to understeer?

I personally prefer a low-set car that's an even height all the way around.

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
drunk medic ~ Na I didnt get the 17's in front and 18's in back to copy anyone. I just found someone selling these rims that I really liked for very cheap so I didnt mind taking the different sizes. Thats why I didnt realy get the jdm style reference, I always pictured muscle and super cars having a high rear low front stance. I believe the c5 corvettes came with 17's in front and 18's in back.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
a lot of high end cars came with bigger wheels in the back so jdm tyte is bs here. i believe nsx came like that and bunch of italian supercars. and lower profile tires does not give you any problems besides bumpier ride it actualy improves handling as low profile tires dont shift side to side under cornering as much. also it is possible to fit bigger tires in the back easyer as they dont have to turn.