wtf kind of race was that (US grand prix)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Okay, so I figured I'd find out who watches the awesome engineering extremes that is formula one racing on here with a discussion of the happenings that unfolded at the USGP a couple of hours ago. I believe that the FIA's decision to totally eliminate the Michelin drivers from the linup by denying all their attempts (chicane) to continue on with the race this weekend was a bunch of garbage. I personaly think that what the FIA should have done was to set into place a temporary chicane before turn 13 to at least run a race with a full field; even though that was not the track layout initially imposed. The rational for them to deny them the chicane was that it would have made it very unfair to the Bridgestone drivers who were able to race. I don't understand how it was more unfair to slightly alter the race course to keep on with a multi billion dollar GP race with hundreds of thousands of fans watching on what they were saying one of the most famous tracks in the world. If was a matter of safety to the michelin drivers; not even of performance of the cars, it was a life threatening situation for them to race full throttle on turn 13... did they WANT to see another incident like R. Schumachers season crippling crash? I guess so.

I just see it as a more unfair decision to the race drivers, the Michelin teams, and the continuing success of the USGP in the circuit to not make necessary alterations to rules or the track. They just simply blamed Michelin entirely and said they (FIA) would pull out of the race (make it an unofficial race) if the michelin drivers reached an agreement with a compromise for something allowing them to race. I can see how it could party be Michelins fault but I mean... how much harder of a tire would they have had to have brought out to race safely. Like one of the announcers was saying it would have been such an incredibly hard compound that they might as well have not raced anyway.

So 6 bridgestone cars had a test session. There was no race in reality.
These are solely my opinions. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes with this, just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

BTW -- did anyone hear one of the announcers (I believe david hobbs) blatently call the american fans "morons" for throwing debris on teh track. I thought that was hilarious that he was wrialed up enough to say that one national TV.

See ya guys!

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
"morons"....heh, The british much more the Europeans were the ones to stand on the track and take pictures...

There have been more spectator fatalities in European motorsports than anywhere else in the world I believe....they are the MORONS

Hobbs: :slap:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Oh, and I believe the FIA just wants to pull out of the USA for a grand prix.....they dont think it fits in here. We dont have the persona like the other countries do. We dont have the "spirit"....or the timeless tracks that they have driven on for decades....

The "good old boys" are running F1 anyways....uggghh

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
mkIIIman089 said:
So 6 bridgestone cars had a test session.

....for points........ :eek3dance

Isn't it funny that the Bridgestone cars were the ones having issues with their tire quality earlier this season....... :hsugh:

Last edited:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Siman, as usual, STFU.

F1 cars are the some of the greatest if not THE greatest cars in the world. All of the "indy style" cars you see today, came from those "Stupid" so called Britts.

Any who, it all boils down to pollitics between the FIA, the F1 manufacturers, and F1 teams. Surely Tony George caught wind that SOMETHING was about to happen. Even though, Im sure he was floored when it hit.

As a resident of Indianapolis, and a former employee of the IRL, I hope that the IMS and F1 (&FIA) patch this sh!t up real quick. Some one is going to have to come up with a quick and speedy fix for all the pissed off fans. A free F1 race with your old ticket, refunds, trips to the Austrailian grand prix for free, etc etc etc.

L

lanky189

damn work! i wanted to see this!

guess i didn't miss much

SIman the fatalities and such you mention in European motorsports have to do with the fact that the insurance companes etc.. are setup so much differently..

wanna know why the WRC doesn't race here? Insurance.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I used to ride my mountain bike in on one of the practice days to soak up some atmosphere then go home and watch it on TV!
(missed the last few years due to being a lazy bastard)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
MDCmotorsports said:
Siman, as usual, STFU.

F1 cars are the some of the greatest if not THE greatest cars in the world. All of the "indy style" cars you see today, came from those "Stupid" so called Britts.

Any who, it all boils down to pollitics between the FIA, the F1 manufacturers, and F1 teams. Surely Tony George caught wind that SOMETHING was about to happen. Even though, Im sure he was floored when it hit.

As a resident of Indianapolis, and a former employee of the IRL, I hope that the IMS and F1 (&FIA) patch this sh!t up real quick. Some one is going to have to come up with a quick and speedy fix for all the pissed off fans. A free F1 race with your old ticket, refunds, trips to the Austrailian grand prix for free, etc etc etc.

MDC,

Jeez! When did I ever have a negative comment about F1 in general? That is my favorite motorsport to watch. Idiot....gosh!

Lanky is pretty much right about insurance...but I beat around the bush, dumbing it down.LOL. Thanks man :bigthumb:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lanky189 said:
YOU GOT THAT TOO!!!!
LOL a friend I used to go riding with turned up out of the blue last night!

Haven't seen him for about 4 years and we talked about getting out again as neither of us have ridden for too many years!
(Used to do 300km's a week)(even built a 2 bike rack for the Supra as once I got to 4" travel it wouldn't fit in the hatch anymore)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
IJ. said:
LOL a friend I used to go riding with turned up out of the blue last night!

Haven't seen him for about 4 years and we talked about getting out again as neither of us have ridden for too many years!
(Used to do 300km's a week)(even built a 2 bike rack for the Supra as once I got to 4" travel it wouldn't fit in the hatch anymore)

....." and above you ladies and gentlemen, we are showing you how to exactly go off topic and switch the subject at the same time!"

L

lanky189

aight fella's....

calm er down a notch..... this is a decent thread so far, lets not get it locked.