Me vs. V8 Mustang

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok so im commin home from work around 9-930 and i see mustang headlights (im not sure which year cause im not very familiar with those cars, must've been a 94-97? someshit like that), anyway, i come to a stop light and have some space on my right for him to pass me, which he does but i cant stop it, also my 2nd gear grinds so im no good from a stop, so i follow his ass to a bigger street. i take him from a roll and he beats me...maybe...2 car lengths, i try him a 2nd time and no success. hehe and at first i thought it was a v6.....so we come to a stop and he says to me "you dont have enough, i was only in second gear, but i love the supras tho" which made me think this guy isnt so bad.oh and my mods include...hks dp, greddy exhaust, cometic mhg + arp studs, and a mbc set to 10psi.....need more b00st.

L

lanky189

nice... finally an honest post about a mustang.. seems the rivalry causes many people to lie.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Sounds like he had some work done, nice death. Seems like a cool guy tho, as much as people complain about the 'stang guys, I generally run into some chill ones (few on the way to e-town that I had to educate tho...).

-J

P

Pokey

lanky189 said:
nice... finally an honest post about a mustang.. seems the rivalry causes many people to lie.

what do you mean, i lose to mustangs all the time :biglaugh:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Is your HKS downpipe one of the evil ones with the huge restriction in it? I'd change that and THEN up the boost. Of course, then you'll be dealing with Fuel Cut issues, but that's a whole new ballgame. :)

I haven't had any problems with stock or even mildly modded pony cars for some time.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
still need to save up for 550's before i can get lexus afm...its funny cause i once had walbro fp, lex afm, 89+ tails....and i sold them all to get my BHG fixed :(

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
That is a FINE Lady in the background of your car, I always like reading your threads.....oh! sorry got off track. Sad to hear about the lose. I have a good friend with a Foxbody(89)5.0 who is convinced he can whoop up on me. He was hesitant for a while about racing me but here a couple months back he raced a Mk3 turbo and pulled from him pretty easy he said. I'm sure he would beat a stock one but I know not mine. He's got a full exhaust and intake as far as I know.(He also has a souped up Nova which would kick my ass) Once I get my car out of the paint booth I should waist the rest of my 101 octane on him. I think I might just do that and make a video at the same time. That sounds like fun....sorry to take away from your thread at all. You'll get him next time, good luck. Later-T