On my way to do MHG

Justin727

T-virus infected
Hows it going all!
Anyways just letting everyone know my supra will be down for some months. Because i'm going to start the MHG process. I have already gathered my parts such as ARP head bolts, Cometic MHG(free), Engine Gasket kit, Also Spec stage 3 clutch kit.
Bishop will be dropping in to help me with this project as well so i'm real eager and ready to tackle this! Once we tear it apart we will have the block honed and surfaced prepped for MHG along with the head. We will rering the pistons and possibly do the bearings as well! Mainly freshening up the motor while its apart and getting a new oil pump!! I dont know how long it will take me but im guessing 3 months at the most mainly because of work schedual and shipping times but i got most of it already! Wish me luck everyone and i will take pics of the process as well! Thanks everyone! :biggrinbo

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well looking forward to hearing more news then, Justin, cause that is big job deal.

CtSupra said:
...get ready for a lot of knuckle bleeding and cursing!...
Before:
I once had to fix my exhaust manifold leak on my 7M-GTE, and I banged some knuckles and got pissed, then it was put together and drove it for a little bit.

Later:
Later I removed the whole engine and disassembled everything engine related,(except the connecting rods from the pistons). Later I disassembled another turbo, another head, and another shortblock. I even have removed every thing you could from the exerior too (except the windshield, hatch, and doors yet). My interior is all gutted except for the dash part. All that, and I did not injure or shed blood on a single finger or knuckle. I feel like I became suddenly gifted with skills the second time around.

F

flatking

Justin727 - Where did you get your gasket kit, and what did you think of it? I'm having a BHG fixed, and I need a good kit. Thanks.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Well i got the fel pro head set + conversion set because i got it my cost and is cheaper then walk in customers. 195.35.. But since you'll pay damn near as much i say go with toyota full engine gasket kit for 318.00 iirc. BTW my gasket kit is fel pro and its not bad at all.
Thanks robbo I'm ordering my rods next week then i'll send everything to the machine shop when they come in..

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
what!!! you aren't done yet!!! what have you been doing all this time??? j/k. Do it right the first time and you won't regret it hahah. Good luck!

p.s. are your gloves pink? j/k!

Justin727

T-virus infected
yea. not yet. well after i order these rods i'll pretty much be finished with the block work... then i'll order bearins and new oil pump. hell got almost everything else powder coated so its all comming together. i was in a rush at first but decided to slow things down no need to be in a rush. The gloves are infact HOT pink!