Anyone technical living close to Delaware? PA, NY, GA?

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
No big deal at all, and no reason to be sorry.

Since I am here though, and if you would like some tips:

If I were you, I would state what you need to be done to your car.
I think you would get better responses.
Like for me, I know some things; other things not too well.

Also, I don't think people are going to say, "I'll be right there," if you don't state where you are, like what city are you in?

Narrow things down a bit, because people will ask anyways.

2 cents + 2 cents = 4 cents and that is how much I gave this thread (which is probably on the way to the NE forum).

MERCiLESS

Tony, if someone lives in the area and is the least bit interested in lending a hand I'm sure it won't take too much from them to ask. If I had enough knowledge to know what all the problems were and what I need to have done to the car most likely I'll know how what to do to fix them.

I live in Middletown Delaware, this is my first turbo charged vehicle I don't know anything and just started learning and reading from manuals and from this forum.

First the enging was starting, idled very rough and even shut down at times. We purchased and installed a new TPS which didn't help much. After some tinkering we determined that the timing was way off and the mechanic is working on that now. Besides those things there is a tapping sound coming from the engine I personally don't know what it is but the mechanic sais that the rode/valves are off I guess what you guys call rod knock.

He's redoing the timing which should be completed tomorrow and we'll see what happens after that.

I have a VPC installed and have to get that professionally adjusted for hte best performance but that will happen after the little items are fixed.

Is there anything else you'll like to know?

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
MERCiLESS said:
Tony, if someone lives in the area and is the least bit interested in lending a hand I'm sure it won't take too much from them to ask. If I had enough knowledge to know what all the problems were and what I need to have done to the car most likely I'll know how what to do to fix them.

I live in Middletown Delaware, this is my first turbo charged vehicle I don't know anything and just started learning and reading from manuals and from this forum.

First the enging was starting, idled very rough and even shut down at times. We purchased and installed a new TPS which didn't help much. After some tinkering we determined that the timing was way off and the mechanic is working on that now. Besides those things there is a tapping sound coming from the engine I personally don't know what it is but the mechanic sais that the rode/valves are off I guess what you guys call rod knock.

He's redoing the timing which should be completed tomorrow and we'll see what happens after that.

I have a VPC installed and have to get that professionally adjusted for hte best performance but that will happen after the little items are fixed.

hmm

MERCiLESS said:
Tony, if someone lives in the area and is the least bit interested in lending a hand I'm sure it won't take too much from them to ask…
Well I live in NY (one of the states that you listed), and I asked what your problems are.
MERCiLESS said:
I live in Middletown Delaware
Now I know you are too far from me.
MERCiLESS said:
…Besides those things there is a tapping sound coming from the engine I personally don't know what it is but the mechanic sais that the rode/valves are off I guess what you guys call rod knock…
Rods and valves are not near each other in the sense that the sound is coming from the same place. If it is a spun bearing (rod knock) and not the valves, here is some info on that and how it sounds like. (Keep in mind that the sound can vary from case to case.)
http://supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2190&page=1&pp=10&highlight=rodknock* See post 7.
MERCiLESS said:
…He's redoing the timing which should be completed tomorrow and we'll see what happens after that…
If it is rod knock as you mentioned, it would be a complete waste of your money to mess with the timing at all right now, since the motor would need to be disassembled anyways, and you will need to have the crank mic’d up also.
MERCiLESS said:
Nope, on my way.

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
I live in philadelphia pa working on my motor right now NA to turbo swap with the sp61gt turbo. feel free to email me if you have any questions

MERCiLESS

Anyone familiar with IMP International Motorsport Products in Clifton NJ? I'm about to take my car there next week. I hear they are knowledgeable in supras and turbo charged cars period.

Anyone have any experience with them?