clutch

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
hi,

Looking to buy new clutch and pressure plate...saw on suprasport.com http://www.suprasport.com/product.asp?itemid=165&catid=72 these RPS clutches...anyone have any experience with em. If I buy the 2nd one Sport Series but 62$ more, should It hold 350hp..anyone has it ??? and do I need to buy something else with it ??? flywheel...or soemthing else..

thanks guys

ps if you have bettter deals for clutch kits...link me up :eek3dance

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
I dont know how mutch you want to spend on your car and what hp/tq goals you have but generaly you get what you pay for.

When i bought me a new clutch kit i went for the hpf bronze kit with act pp and sprung disk.

Kit

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
My RPS Stage 3 MAXX series isn't quite an on/off switch, but it's close. I'd get the HPF Bronze disk with the ACT like northsupra and be happy...

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
hmm well the body is getting old..and the job scares me alittle...doing a clutch and all..dont wanna messs it up..so ill be paying someone probably..unless I find the courage..so I dont want the best shit...but something that will handel 350hp.

hmm just found this ...the price seems ok...520lb of torque..seems fine to...any comments on Spec clutch kits ?

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...h_Kits/part/Toyota_Stage_3_Sprung_(X-Pad_Disc)

Last edited:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I just bought a Spec stage 2 clutch. And I think I have the courage to install it myself in a month or so probably. (waiting for a bunch of stuff to come in) If you don't have it done by then I'll let you know how it goes.

Around the community I believe SPEC has a very good reputation. Some say that their PP is just an OEM one rebadged. Could be, but I bought the entire kit anyway.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
really....rebadged ?? that sucks...some guy made a review on suprasport.com and said hhe had the stage 3, and held real well. Dumped at 4k rpm and running more than 10psi i belive. Should be good enough for me..500$ aint bad either. Hope its not rebadged tho..would suck..they say its stronger than stock

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Well, in all reality no one has questioned that they hold the power they are rated for. Wether its a rebadged PP or not, whatever they are doing seems to be working for thousands of Supra owners.

The point that the people (drjonez I think was one of them) make with the fact that they are stock PP are just that you could save some coin by going stock PP and SPEC clutch disk. Spec still says that they use a modified stock PP for more pressure. Pick whoever you believe, like I said, I just payed for the kit in whole.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ya, ill look into that...I hate it when shit like that comes up ;) ur never sure If you should go or not go for it ;) ill look into it..thanks