My Old crazy sleeper

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
My last car was an 88 Mazda 323 GTX. For those who dont know, it looks like a ugly 323 hatch but is AWD and has a B6t, basically a turboed miata engine. Only started with 135hp, I but I had a HKS catback replacing the pencil thin shit that was on it, and a Apexi intake. According to what those mods are supposed to make, the car was running around 150-160hp before it blew a headgasket. Anyway, there is a no real kill to talk about here, but I thought someone might be interested in one of the coolest sleepers i have come across. I beat all kinds of guys who were like "What the hell is that thing?" or "Why would somebody turbocharge a 323?" Lots of ricer accords around here, and they dont really stand a chance. Oh there was the time that this jerk in a "Hemi" pickup tried to pass me on a double yellow. I am sure he was surprised when I walked all over him. The car is so un assuming, the only guys who would start shit with me were geos storms and 4 cyclinder family sedans, nobody else even give it a second thought. A boost controller, a ecu, I that car will be running around 200hp (flywheel), and I should be able to sneak up on 350z's, at least surprise them. If you think I am BSing about the potenial of this car, just ask me, I will give you the websites. One with all the mods (maybe less) I just mentioned was in the Grass Root Motorsports $2002 (or 03) challenge and ran a 13.9. ITS A 323! I found my supra for a unbelievable deal a month ago, and i havent decided what I am going to do with the Mazda, I really love that car, but it needs a lot of hard to find, expensive parts!

I thought some people might find this car interesting, not a well known car.

I promise I will start posting about kills involving my Supra, as soon as it is running correctly!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You are absolutely correct. A good friend of mine has this model, with some seriously upgraded suspension and about the same level of mods. On the street, it was a serious sleeper - he used it for AutoX racing and did very well with it.