RSX v 330ci

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
My 87 Turbo couldnt kill my '79 Volvo at the moment, so i thought I would share a good kill story I had earlier this week in my parents RSX Type-S. I am sure there are some honda haters around, and I admit I used to be one, but this is one badass car. This car actually feels like it was designed to be something sporty, which is more then I can say for any civic I have ever driven. Nice thick, small diameter steering wheel, pedals perfectly placed for heel and toeing, and probably the best feeling shifter i have ever used. The clutch take up was way too light and had no feel when it was new, but with 40k on it, it feels great now. Oh, and not to mention the best NA four this side of a S2000. The car pulls easily from 2k all the way to 8100, with a nice boost at 5800.

Anyway, I pulled up to a light and a BMW 330ci pulled up next to me, I didnt know it was a 330 at the . I have my buddy next to me and I am trying to play it cool, my parents car and everything, but my buddy is telling me that this guy keeps looking at me, smiling. So, I get ready with and keep the revs up around 2k, nothing to crazy, the light turns green and I didnt do an all out crazy launch, because I wasnt sure the guy was going to race me anyway, and I didnt want to look like an idiot. The guy ROMPS on it, spins his tires a little, and gets a pretty good launch actually, except that his reaction time was a little off. I get a little sqeak from the tires, not a perfect launch, ended up being just enough to keep the revs up, and he starts pulling me until I hit around 6k, where the big cam comes in, and I just leave him. Shift to second (RSX has a tall first gear, 45mph at 8100rpm), and keep walking on him, shift to third and shut it down, I obviously won and we are in freakin 25 zone, and He blast by like he is a badass. Thats when I saw that it was a 330, and I had thought it was a 328 at best. It was defineltly a manual to, as he chirped second. I plan on stealing that car from my parents sometime in the future!

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
stock RSX wont, be able too. i took one on the Highway from 50mph to 130. and yes my Supra can DO 130 even tho its an NA. i have been 140 in my car so screw you guys, that say im full of shit. i got a witness that has never been past 105. made her go white knuckle. LOL

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
dude dont new rsx-type s models have like stock 220 hp engines. im pretty sure 220 hp in a car that is like 2600 pounds is a good competition for any mildly modded supra.

those are nice and its too bad you have to rev into the red to get power but they are still considerably fast in near factory condition.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Hey D34DC311 was it a type S or just a regular RSX? I think theres a big diffrence between them the type s has like 200 hp or something like that.

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
I dont have a good running Turbo to compare to, but my moms car is really fast. I know it would kill a N/A. The 2005 cars have 210 hp and weigh 2700lbs (not 220 and 2600). But still, compare that to an N/A's 200hp and 3600lbs. Basically my mom's car has the same horsepower, but wieghs 900lbs less. I think D34DC311 must have raced a 160hp RSX, not a Type S. Judging by 0-60 times (The stock tires on the RSX are all season and have no grip at all) posted in mags, I stock RSX-S would probably beat a stock Supra Turbo, at least run neck and neck. The best I have seen posted for a RSX-S is 5.9, with most getting in around 6.1-6.3 0-60's.

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
I know the new TL runs consistent mid 14s, cause I got beat by one at SacRaceway last month. He ran a 14.5, and I ran a 14.6 in my 91T.

...not that this has much to do with an RSX .... :wavey:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
I raced my friends RSX Type S one night on Highway 880 in Hayward.

RSX took of real well, but I caught up to him and took him out on the straightway.

RSX's and Type R's are awesome handling cars and fairly quick btw.