what route to go when buying exhaust system

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
i am planning on getting a full, turbo-back exhaust system put on in the very near future once i start working again (just installed K&N fipk) and i am wondering which route to go when buying an exhaust system(cat back). Would it be cheaper to just go to my local muffler shop and get them to weld up a bunch of bends and a muffler of my choice? or should i go the online route (most likely www.horsepowerfreaks.com since i will be ordering the BIC rerouted devorced downpipe and testpipe from there). Also, with whichever route u think i should go, which muffler/ system should i go with? i am probably going to be doing a 3 inch system (3 or 3.5 inch?) and i dont want my supra to sound like some angry bee/ civic/ fart pipe.

Thanks alot,
-Dustin

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
well i guess it depends on if you're tight on money or just want to go name brand. I was strapped for cash and got mine custom made at the local muffler shop, 3" pipes with a Megan N1 muffler I bought off ebay. it sounds good and didnt strain much on my wallet. in whatever route you choose, i dont think our supras will sound like a fartcan bee civic :)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Our turbo cars won't ever sound like a ricey civic just because of the blocking the exhaust from going straight out. I would personally go with the online branded exhausts. You're gaurenteed that they sound badass and the worksmanship on at least my Blitz NUR Spec is impeccable. Though it is more expensive its worth every penny.

BTW, I wouldn't waste my time on a high flow cat. Just have an exhaust shop fab up a nice test pipe for you... unless you really want to help the environment, or care about emissions.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Doing the same thing, buying a 3inch DP from BIC with integrated elbow, and getting a line done from dp to muffler. heard Magnaflow wasnt bad of a sound..scared of buying mufflers without knowing the sound..I want something not too loud...but agreessivve..race style...lol anyone have any ideas ?
Oh ya..and the line from DP to muffler is 200$ canadian..like 120$ American so its way cheaper than those 400$ US caatbacks...thou I admit..quality difference for sure. But when ur on a budget..well

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
mkIIIman089 said:
You're gaurenteed that they sound badass and the worksmanship on at least my Blitz NUR Spec is impeccable. Though it is more expensive its worth every penny.

Ha ha i know, running with the silencer since i got so manny complains about waking people in the middle of the night ;) BAD ASS