240sx got scared and hid in the slow lane

C

cnewingham

I was on my way back home after meeting up with someone to get my afpr when I am just minding my own doing about 75mph when I see this 95 or 96 240sx coming up pretty quick so I just keep my pace. Anyways I start laughing cause he is speeding up and slowing down like he wants to race. So I look over and it is some kid with his hat on backwards and the gay ass 1 windshield wiper thing where it is positioned in the middle of the windshield. I didnt even downshift and as soon as boost built up and the ever intimidating sound of the BIC DDP I walked his ass and I slowed back down to normal pace and I see him just switch over 3 lanes to the slow lane and he disappeared in mirror.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
my freind has a 240 and yea they are pretty easy game unless its an sr20det.

i was being tailgated by my friend cus he was just fukin arround so i hit ect and was gone in like 3 seconds beyond site

I

I.N.C

the 240's are very nice cars, good handling, but even when the turbo is done, its still no match for a modded MK3, if you did mod for mod, the MK3 is in a WHOLE different class.

dont get me wrong, i would drive a 240 as my beater ( turbo, rims, make it look nice,) but its still a four banger, and with a turbo it would be a fun car.. but the supra.... :bowdown: .... speachless

P

Pokey

americanjebus said:
my freind has a 240 and yea they are pretty easy game unless its an sr20det.

i was being tailgated by my friend cus he was just fukin arround so i hit ect and was gone in like 3 seconds beyond site

your ect doesnt make your car faster

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Pokey said:
your ect doesnt make your car faster

Technically no and yes. ECT itself doesn't make you faster, but the fact that it shifts at 5600rpm instead of 4500rpm when WOT makes a huge difference. When it shifts with ECT on you are dropped more in the sweet spot of the next gear, without ECT you get bogged down in a less efficiant blah part of the gearing. Better acceleration is to be had with ECT on.

P

Pokey

i dont know, when mine was auto, whether the ect was on or off, wot i could get it to go to redline and shift :dunno:

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
k guys i had a 240sx for 3 years... i loved it and I still do love those cars.

fact is a supra is always going to kill a 240sx haha... the 240 is not designed for straight-line speed.

That being said, i could drift my near-stock 240sx so much easier than my mk3 turbo supra, even with the supra's extra 100 hp over my S13 240sx...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Hehe.. when you said "backwards cap" I almost died, because it DOES fit the stereotype. The only case that was similar, but worse, is a guy on base with a 240 that has a SR20 swap. He has an all black hat with SR20-DET printed in big white letters on front. You know HE wears HIS facing front.
You know, I'm a fan of the 2JZ-GTE, but I'm not about to wear a hat over it. A MkIII T-shirt? Sure.. but that was just gay.

C

ClutchFire

hi, new to the forum cause i just got me a mk3 about 3 months ago, so far so good.... had a 240 for 6 years ... its true even with a gt pro turbo upgrade rwhp: 258 hp. but to defend my old love, it drifted 2X better than my new love. no offense hopefully

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
ClutchFire said:
hi, new to the forum cause i just got me a mk3 about 3 months ago, so far so good.... had a 240 for 6 years ... its true even with a gt pro turbo upgrade rwhp: 258 hp. but to defend my old love, it drifted 2X better than my new love. no offense hopefully
It only drifts better because are cars are so DAMN HEAVY :3d_frown:

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
as i currently have my mk3 and my buddy has a 95 240 sr20det id have to agree yah supra is faster but damn i love the way the 240 handles then again evry car has there perks but if i had to buy another car id go with a 240 very fun indeed

mk3targa

Jul 26, 2005
Liberty Lake
i raced a 240 sx with a sr20det redtop he was pushing right under 20 pound I have to say he owned my supra :( i was only at 8 pounds with 3 inch exhaust now i have t/4 upgraded fuel and few other mods ill be running right around 10-12 pounds ill have to give that 240 another go:p but ya my gf owns one i love it its sooo fun to drive.