Engine Blown?

I

I.N.C

Yesterday, i was drivin home and i started to hear a slight knockin..eventually when i got home, my brother checked it and said that my motor was blown, and he was able to add almost 3 f**** liters! but i checked the oil two days prior...HOW THE F*** COULD THIS HAPPEN, and if the knock just started does this mean that my motor is blown?? i just put alot of money into this motor, someone give me hope!!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
knock means its ready to go, but with only 2 quarts in her, it prolly started knocking cause of that, ur engine isnt blown, YET, when your engine blows you will know. sounds like you got rod knock, that mean time for a rebuild, and dont drive her till you do, you will be damaging your engine almost beyond repair.
and the stock oil pan can hold 10.5 Qs, of oil. make sure ur brother didnt over fill it, turbo supras need around 5 Qs, of oil and NAs use a little less. and how much does your brother know about supras, or cars in general?

I

I.N.C

He is considered a supra god, he knows more then my brain could hold...but there are some parts that he might not no about, the knockin would only come at low acceleration, and would go away at top end,

but my brother said after he added the oil the knock was still there....i was borrowin the car, i havent checked it yet..what could this mean now? i juss had the motor Fully rebuilt...

I

I.N.C

i dont think the engine is blown, im just hearing loud ticking noise's, i took it to a mechanic and he said could very well be my valves, now if im still drivin the car, could it cause extensive damage to the motor?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
do you hear a loud tack tack tack sound when you start up and it slowly quietes down as oil psi raises. it could very well be your valves, i did hte head gasket and moved my valve shim cover tube thingy's and didnt pay attentionto what order they went in so now that i put them back in i have a couple valves with huge gaps that make a pretty loud tick sound and for a while i thought it was knock. get your oil looked at by a lab i cant remember where, its in the tsrm you can just send an oil sample and have a list of whats in there.

also i bet your bro is pretty damn pissed at you if you borrowed it and came home -3 litres and with knock.

i've been driving with fairly loud valve ticking for a while , like 8 months and nothing has realy changed and its running ok, if there is something i am not aware of someoe chime in and let me know so i can take the sucker appart.