mk3 turbo vs eclipse turbo

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
My brother is buying an eclipse turbo so he's going to beat me.
The eclipse has cat back, DP, CAI and some cam gears. Do you think I can beat him?
I have 3' Dp, 3 Catback, ssqv kit, K&N kit just installed today and boost controller set at 9psi. I havent had the chance to drive it cuz I need to fix the plug that goes to the ISC.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Both of your cars are known for their bad stock exhausts...DSMs have pinhole downpipes and we have inefficient elbows. If your elbow is eliminated by your downpipe, you should be pretty even or faster. Otherwise it'd be pretty close

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I raced a tsi talon from a second gear roll with no brake boosting and had a car by the end of 3rd - you can guess what happened in fourth and fifth. It was a 96', I believe. AWD and running 20lbs on his stock turbo (he says). Mods in sig.

edit: haha, actually, this was the race where i got my highest top-speed.

edity2: if your a really good driver, or if you can get him to bog out taking off, you can take him from a stop. if not, i believe you'll still catch up in 3rd and pass him.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
at a stop he will take you if he knows how to launch it, and with those you dont really need to know much just rev and drop the awd just grabs.

its gonna come down to shifting technique.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
CtSupra said:
It was a 96', I believe. AWD and running 20lbs on his stock turbo (he says)

Hes full of it :bsflag:

Stock turbo on 2Gs is the T25...a pissant good-for-nothing turbo. I doubt you can safely boost pass 15. Maybe he meant "14B" which was OEM on 1Gs. I'd think he'd have a 16G though, thats the best choice it seems for Mitsu guys

G

gotboost$

Ive beat a couple of GST's and one GSX. Was pretty even with the GSX, all of the GST's spun their tires hardcore and had crappy launces but a kill is a kill and it's related to the drivers skill... hey a rhymed!! lol

L

lanky189

hey..if he starts to pull away... rubbin's racin right

spin his ass around and drive off!

dsm_cruiser

The Man
Apr 20, 2005
michigan
I don't know what he's talkin about, but 1st gen dsm can be fast with really little modifications. The stock turbo(14b) is capable of 13s already. some have even cracked 12s with it. I had a 90 talon awd and was doing mid 13s all day with i/e and 18/19 psi. i think 2nd gens are suppose to be a little heavier with a smaller turbo, but still very capable. anybody can correct me if i'm wrong.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea dude i will agree with dsm cruiser on the power of a stock turbo on those, hit dsmtuners.com and tell them you cant hit that see waht lessons you learn.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
hey just remind him how much yours cost and how much older it is. Really doesnt matter if you loose, the fact that there is 10 years differance and you are comparing the 2 cars speaks for its self.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
My brother didn't get it cuz he needs to buy an intercooler and the turbo is not in good condition. He's looking for a turbo car in ok condition cuz he had spent good money in his 95 bird. The firebird is back with 3.73 gears now but he has to wait for 200 miles. He's going to race me again before he sell the car. I know he's going to jump on me until 3rd gear but this time i'm going to turn the boost at 10psi.