Drifting at PIR June 26th

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
This event will not be on the track, but in the parking lot/paddock area with a course marked by cones (similar to an autocross). I've looked over the course layout and it should be challenging for the experienced driver while still safe and fun for the beginner. There are a good variety of turns with features like decreasing radius, unequal slaloms, and corner spacing "just right" for continuous sliding (no need for choku dori in straights). Obviously this is a motorsport and there are no guarantees for absolute safety, but basically risk is comparable to an autocross...

Registration is day-of (first come first serve) but if you are serious and plan on traveling from far away you can call PRE at (503) 619-0055 and preregister via phone today only (Monday) for a $5.00 fee. There will be AM and PM sessions and a driver limit of 30 per session to promote plenty of seat time. Price is $45 per session. Spectators are allowed for $5 for the day (including parking)

Schedule:

Gates open: 7:00am.

Setup: 7:00am-7:30am

AM:

Driver’s meeting/safety inspection: 7:45am.

Drifting: 8:00am

Am session Ends at: 12:00pm

12:00-12:30....LUNCH

PM:

Drivers meeting/ Safety inspection: 1:15pm

Drifting: 1:30pm

PM Drifting Ends: 5:30pm

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
ill be there just as a spectator though... You gunna be showing off for us though right jeff? I would love to get in on it but don't think the car could take it right now.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Thanks! You've got some great pictures! Lol you've even got one of me with my arm out the window (trying to show off) just as I was spinning :icon_redf It's a shame I missed your run, I heard you were running just as you passed the bathroom so I could only see your smoke trailings and hear your car. Sounded good though -- next time I'll have to get some pictures of you