Schooled a wannabe

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
I borrowed a friend of mines 4 door GSR to get to work and back for the week. I like it just cause my friend kept it clean and acctually built it right. It "looks" stock the only real clue is the Skunk2 exuast. Anyway I was on my way home from work and saw this young punk that goes to the local highschool. He drives a 1998 4 door GSR, with all the ricer goodies. He's well known for running his mouth and me being in a slightly beaten 94 GSR, Once he saw me I knew he was going to try showing off. I pull to the stoplight and see him pull up behind me. I had my sunglasses on and I looked in the mirror. I saw the smug little look on his face. The light turns green, I take off like normal, shift to 2nd still driving normal. I look back and see him slowing down to get a little room to move. I shift to 3rd and ride it out to about 5k, Then I see his car lunge, and I hear his Vtec kick. So I down shift to 2nd, peel out and start pulling the living hell out of him. I bark 3rd and look back, black smokes coming out behind his car, and I'm still pulling. Shift at 8k to 4th and deside I've made my point so I start to slow down. By now he's about 6 car lengths back. I pull to the stoplight and he comes flying up beside me. His eyes are huge. "Pull over, what the hell do you have in that thing?" So I pull into the church parking lot. So here we are, his White GSR with black wheels and a full body kit and The car that just whooped it's ass a Faided purple 94 GSR with the paint peeling off, stock wheels, and dents all in it. He gets out and pops his hood. I look Intake, Nitrous Sylenoid, and powered by honda sticker. I pop my hood. Skunk2 intake, 4-1 headers, Skunk2 intake manifold, Cam gears, Skunk2 cams, Upgraded injectors. He just looks at me and goes, "Damn I was spray'n 75 shot and you just pulled away" I looked back and told him not to judge a car on looks. Besides what's under the hood this beat up look'n GSR's got a full race clutch, Flywheel, Type R tranny, Skunk2 ECU, Fuel pump. It's pretty much fully built. I knew I was going to beat the shit out of him. But it's more the point. People like him give imports a bad name, I figure it was about time to show him what it's really about. LOL

Z

ztosupra

nice kill. i love hearing about a naturally aspirated car beating up on somethin with spray or forved induction. but i didn't know they made 4-door gsr's? a friend of mine has a clean red 2-door and its fast as hell. those things are nothin to take lightly. good kill!

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
Well in all honesty I belive there is a aire of "where better than you" when most imports look at honda's. Even I looked down on them when I had my Supra. But after meeting alot of guys and getting to drive a acctual serious car. It seems there just like us. A car that most people don't really respect, But can be capible of suprising some of us. It's just those "Kid's" That think because they have basic upgrades and a body kit, there the "Fastest Racer". They get an attitude and pull stupid shit, claming they beat a GT mustang because he wasn't willing to weave through oncoming traffic. The problem is the majority of Honda guys fall in that catagory. But guys like my buddy who owns the GSR in the story, I have to respect. He is the first to admit that most honda's aren't Rice Rockets. But he took the time to do it right and his car will move. I am to the point where I have to respect any car. But I only respect those who Know what there doing, are serious, Has the same respect for me and my choose of car. Now that I have acctually driven an integra GSR, I honestly love it. The quality is good, ride and handling is above expectations. And once you figure out how to get power out of the engine (RPM, Speed of shifts, and when to downgear) That little car will move. Basically I wanted to share this story to show, I I'm not out there to hate on honda's, Nor am I going to presure someone to race. But if It is someone with more attitude and pride than they need, I'll show them how much skill and experiance count.

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
Nice kill but i think you need a hospital visit :)
Doctor he's getting out of air!!
He has just been in a honda!!
Help him!!
Connect him to a turbo and pump him up again!!

j/k

Out riceed granny cars is sad, but when given to the right people it will turn out good and it sounds like your friend's car is well built.
BTW. how did it compare to the good old supra?

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
LOL, honestly it was proformance Honda style, All horsepower no torque. You get on it, it lags a bit till the RPM's are high, then well. It makes ALOT of noise but you still don't feel increadible speed. But you look at the speedo and the needle is moving fast tward lose your licence speeds. The Supra on the other hand let you know as soon as you started to boost, This thing is pretty fast. LOL. But honestly I did find racing with the GSR fun. It's totally diffrent than the supra. On the Supra you give it gas, boost and change gears when you feel the engine start to run out of steam. Driving a Vtec engine seems to be more of a artform. Even a shifting at 100 rpm lower than top power makes a noticable diffrence in speed. It's a little chalenging, but when you get it down, it's pretty fun.

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
I used to have a 96 4dr GSR, and I honestly really loved that car. It was white with dark leather interior and completely stock, but it was a blast to drive on the freeway. My favorite part was the 8100 rpm redline. :)

Now if only it had a turbo and some low-end torque ...

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
LOL, yeah I like a sports car to let me know it's a "Sports car". The B18 has pretty good low end torque for a honda. But if your coming from a torque monster like a Supra. It's slightly unimpressive. Still after experiancing what "Can" (but for the most part isn't) done to them, I have to respect them.