7m coolent problem

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
hello there, i just got my car back 3 days ago. it was getting a replacement motor put in because the old one had a bad head. it has 60,000 miles on it. (by the way its a 7mgte) yesterday i noticed smoke comming from the hood so i poped it to take a look and i asumed one of the coolent lines going to the turbos needed a new hose clamp instead of those crappy fasteners the factory put on. so i think i see about where its comming from. today i take a quick five minute drive to see if i can heat it up to tell where the line is loose. i think i find it and well elts jsut say i replaced a clam in vein. after a while i fidgured out that everytime i reve the car to a high rpm (above 3) and relese the throttle it smokes and from the exhuast side of the motor coolent literally squirts out and burns on the manifold causing smoke. the higher i rev the more coolent comes out. my car is urnning alright and doesn't over ehat but ive stoped driving it because of this. does anyone know what this is or what it could be? im going to take it abck to the mechanic's this week but i was wondering if anyone knows of a problem like this.

thanks!

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
There is a rubber 90 degree hose on the back of the head, above the exhaust manifold, right against the firewall. Tell your mechanic to replace it. It's a real bitch though.

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
had the same problem 2 days ago, it turned out to be the upper water line going from the turbo to the thermostat housing, it rotted at the hose clamp. I replaced it (took 10 min) haven't had a leak there yet. Try to take your hoses off one at a time and look for cracks or brittleness, especially around the clamps. Replace as needed.
-X

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
alright thanks guys.. im gonna check it out once more before returning the car to the shop, ill let you know how i make out!

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
ah yes, the problem is fixed. its been fixed for two or three days now. i got some friends to help so when i would give it gas they would look for the leak and it wasn't as much of a leek as it was a geizzer! never the elss we found it was a 90 degree coolent hose that was above the manifold and below the power steering resivoir. atfirst my friend thought it was the cam position sensor gasket but after taking a closer look it turned out to be that hose with a pin hole leak in it. simple fix thanks for suggesting looking at those hoses!

now i have a nother problem.. my stock 89t is slow as balls!.. i definatelt ahve a boost leak so im going to get all new ic pipeing and i need a turbo back exhaust. im not sure which to do first but im doing them as soon as i can afford to.

last night i lost a race twise against a 94 infinity j30. :dunno:

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
i know i know! i think after this weeks paycheck.. turbo back exhaust then as i collect more money i wanna get a new fmic with all new ic pipes.. hopefully that will help the motor breath better and it will resolve all boost leaks