Glad to be back

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
Hey guys, after 2 years I'm glad to be back. I used to frequent the forums back when the whole MKIII scene was gaining momentum. That is till a small case of rod knock quickly turned into a thrown rod, thanks to a friend that was my DD at a party. But I just wanted to come in and reintruduce myself, to all the old faces that I hope still remeber me, and the amazing amount of new folks.

Cody

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Welcome back! I've been int the Supra game about 2 years so it seems that you left about the time I came in. So hows the car?

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
Feels good to be back. I remeber the MKIII crew was like a family back then. As for me when the supra blew I kinda drifted away and looked at some other cars. Since the Supra I've owned and lost a,

2003 Civic Si
1996 Ford Thunderbird (4.6 GT Mustang Swap)
2004 Corolla S
1985 Corolla GTS (AE86)

Honestly every since I got rid of the Supra it just doesn't feel the same. I have just not been happy with ANY car I've owned, and I always found myself comparing it to the supra. NONE of the measure up. So here I am, back where I belong. I have 3 more payments on my 04 S and I've decided I can't run anymore I have to come back to the Supra.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Welcome back to SM!

CtSupra said:
Hey! I remember you from back in the day when the forums were great! Good to have another oldschool Mkiii owner back!

Been around since the turn of the millenium myself.
CtSupra, I noticed that. In SF you have been a member for quite some time, but seem to be more active & posting more now. Why were the forums better back then?? I would not know; only been around shortly, since 10-2004. I have owned my MK3 for much longer though.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Tony Mawad said:
Welcome back to SM!

CtSupra, I noticed that. In SF you have been a member for quite some time, but seem to be more active & posting more now. Why were the forums better back then?? I would not know; only been around shortly, since 10-2004. I have owned my MK3 for much longer though.

Tis should probably be in the sf section, but...

Tony, omg where can I begin. I'm sure other old members here can chime in, as well.

Believe it or not, the Mkiii section was once as tightly knit as SupraMania. No flaming. No hating. All boost buisness. There were so many good guys and friends that are not on sf anymore, or here on Sm it saddens me.

Guys who knew what they were talking about and how to modify the Mkiii like life depended on it. Now, they're probably gone forever. Everybody just gave up and had enough. Sf got so out of control with the newbies and f&f kiddes, it was ridiculous.

Edit: Food for thought - SupraMania was basically created for this reason.

I'm pretty much the only one left from the original CTSupra crew too. Even though I don't have an Mkiii anymore I still missed everybody and had to come back. One day I'll have another Mkiii, and I'am going to bring CT back on the map.

Last edited:

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
Yeah the MKIII forums was like a family of Obsessed Supra lovers. The Newbies where a little annoying but what really killed it was when it went from a atmosphere of friends to a "I am better than you" Dictatorship. That's when all us OG's moved on over to Supramania

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
What's going on Eric. I am glad to see how far you have gone. I remeber when you first got into supra's LOL mine was the first you ever got to drive. You know now that you got that 1JZ swap your going to have to come down and take me for a ride. Jerry got his Mirage done. 92 hatchback with a fully built 4g63t. That thing is scarry. LOL but I have a feeling your supra is too. LOL

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
yea, glad to see he got that thing done, lol. I remember it was a piece when we went to see it. I probably won't have the Supra down there for another months or so. Breaking in the clutch and flywheel right now and going external wastegate after I start my new job at Volvo. No fun going down there and taking you for a ride in a car that won't run full power, lol. You need to sell that Corolla and get you another Supra. There's like, 5 or 6 guys up here with MK3s. Then you can roll up here and hang out with the big boys ;)

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
LOL, Yeah it won't take me maybe another month and I'll have the Rolla paid off. My AE86 was going to be my project car, but someone stole it while I was at work. So after I pay of the 04 S I'll have a reliable transportation car, and I can put my money into getting another supra. LOL the best part is I FOUND MY OLD 87 TURBO. A Hmong guy in valdese bought it and swapped in a FULLY built 7m-gte. I tracked him down and got his phone # he said he'd sale it back to me for 2500, and he's got a extra JDM 7m-gte that he was going to build up he'd give to me with the car. I am working at DANA in the heavy axle division running a Haas VF2 CNC machine. But yeah I need to get your Number again so we can meet up some time. LOL

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I've been here for 3 years now, I think? Like what we have done to the site sence some asshole hacker killed the 2nd old SM forum. All that info. I see that it looks like you have good info, as for all us noobies you will have to help like all the old members do and teach and answer questions (tons of them). %99 of the new members here are all ears. Its good to see the old guys are coming back. Welcome again, and start fill the info section with your Supra knowledge.

With Respect
-Mario

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Glad to see you are back. As has been stated you are very welcome here. Come end of August I will have been into the Supra scene for 3 years. I was quite a noob when I started, but thanks to oldschool folks like yourself, and some more knowledgable newer people, I have gained so much more knowledge. I can now help other people myself. Thank you for returning.

supraredliner

Oldschool player
May 8, 2005
NC
well you can ask Eric, or some of the other OG's. If you need to know something, nomatter how many times it's been asked or how small it is. Just PM me. I'll help you out. Newbies get a hard time for not searching and generally not knowing. I just know that one day you guys could be the next record breaker, innovator, or Supra expert. So if I can help you get started I will.