***top Secret New Toyota Engine!***

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Well its official!

As of this time next year, TRD and toyota will have a new racing engine on the market that we might all get schooled by.....

Heres the rumors of what its going to be, but be known that IT WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR! ITS ALREADY IN TESTING....

It will be a purpose built, inline 4 cyl, approx 160CI pushrod engine, making approx 380hp, NATURALY ASPERATED on alky @ about 8500 to 9k rpms.

Oh, did I mention all aluminum, titanium, and 100% dry sumped?

I don't and wont have pictures for some time, but can you immagine what this little bullet would do in an Old school celica or other toyota?

:wuteva:

Just wanted to share with you guys....

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Uh oh. Don't let the honda boys hear about this! Motor swap city. Why a four banger?

What do they plan to put it in? Is it taking over the 3s-gte for the jgtc supras? We need more info stat!

All aluminum, titanium!?, dry sumped, 9k rpms... :drool:

I smell celica and mr2 swaps all over the place!!

L

lanky189

whats wrong with pushrod?

toyota already has a few pushrod motors. my 82 corolla for instance 3tc power!

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
There's nothing inherently wrong with a pushrod engine, they're very compact when compared to an OHC of similar displacement. I asked because you just don't hear about too many recently developed 4 cylinder race engines that use pushrods.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Never understood why those displacement rules were still in effect...modern engineered pushrod engines aren't the underdogs they were back when the rules were put in place, and then everyone gets to bitching about what's legal and not again, much like the Illmore engine in Indy was...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Haha i dont think we will have to worry about anything, for 32,000 for this motor, im pretty sure a celica owner isnt going to be putting that much into his car, maybe the MR2 guys Maybe and thats a Maybe. and honda swaps, umm no.