MSD Ignition Box

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Has anyone out there installed an MSD Ignition Box on their MKiii N/A???

I hooked one up 2 years ago. I had to use an adaptor for the Tach/injectors to function properly. It works by making the plugs fire 15x instead of once on each power stroke. It will insure that ALL the fuel is burned. I could not tell any improvement, but I did see my MPG increase by 4 on long trips (26 mpg).

I removed it after 1 year because the tach needle would jump around occasionally. I emailed back and forth with the manufacturer trying to figure a way to get it solved. No success.

Any comments?? :wtf:

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I had problems with my MSD DIS-4. I could never get it to work with the 7M. Some guys have, though. SupraTrey (don't know if he is here) I think was using it with some success, but after talking with the Doc, I figured screw it, I'd stick with stock ignition.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
IJ. said:
Capt: Did you ground out the 4th unused channel?
I don't remember now, but I followed all the instructions carefully, and consulted with the MSD tech folks, but could not get it to stop (occasion) jumping on the tach.
It runs so good now that I'll just leave it stock.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I did not, actually. MSD never mentioned it although their tech support was top notch. It worked fine with the bypass plug in, though.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Unfortunately, this was over 3 years ago and they were nice enough to refund my money so I no longer have it...:)