knock sensors

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ok getting code 52 witch should be knock sensors...heard it was teh wiring that needed to be redone. Ill get on that.

Im just wondering what it does to your car if you get that code. I get some hesitation in boosting..like boost leak..ppl have told me thts its lower ic pipe and shit..but could it just be my code 52 ???

Anyone has experiene with tis

thanks

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yes, a Code 52 will make your car HATE boost. it'll buck, run rich, and be overall slow because the ECU pulls (retards) timing in order to prevent detonation.

-shaeff

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
PynkEye said:
ok getting code 52 witch should be knock sensors...heard it was teh wiring that needed to be redone. Ill get on that.

Im just wondering what it does to your car if you get that code. I get some hesitation in boosting..like boost leak..ppl have told me thts its lower ic pipe and shit..but could it just be my code 52 ???

Anyone has experiene with tis

thanks

It's not your IC pipes, it's your knock sensors. First try to make sure that they're plugged all the way in by physically pushing on them (make sure that they're fully seated). If they are, re-wire them, it's not all that hard to do.

If you still have boost leak like problems, start looking at you I/C piping

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
also, aside from pushing on the connectors themselves, if that doesnt work, then try to push on the wire *carefully* where it enters the connector. often times the wire will break where it is crimped to the connector female end. if that fixes your problem, you *could* get away putting just new connectors on.

-shaeff

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
mrnickleye said:
I read on some other forum that the wire was a special type. ???
They said to use coaxial wire..??? who knows???

It's a shielded wire. Same as your cable TV wire, or RCA stereo wires. The signal line is on the inside of the ground wire, which surrounds it to suppress electrical noise interference.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
PynkEye said:
what happens if you dont ground the exterior ???

Then you run a chance of your ECU recieving info though the KS cable that has been compromised by electrical noise, thus causing your car to run like shit.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
But arent the stock wires just...like radio wires...18gauge or something..small shit ???

That means all supras must need a rewiring ??? right

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
PynkEye said:
But arent the stock wires just...like radio wires...18gauge or something..small shit ???

That means all supras must need a rewiring ??? right

the stock wires aren't very good. MANY supras need the KS rewire. its just what happens to 20 year old wires after being hot and cold cycled over and over again. the stockers cant be THAT bad if they've lasted this long.

-shaeff