all thses damn hoses????

supraaddict87

Apr 3, 2005
Morgantown WV
www.geocities.com
I just finished up a rebuild, but have only ran into one problem. Where do these nipples need to run too??????

-on the vacume line pic, look above the front vsv, its circled
-on the intake pic look at the lower intake

oh, and if i removed the charcoal canister but left the egr should i just cap off the line to the bvsv?

thanks, and sorry for the dumb questions
mike

Attachments

• piping.GIF
    piping.GIF
    15.5 KB · Views: 69
  • intake.gif
    intake.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 53

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The vacuum line goes up between your runners and connects to the stock by pass valve signal line.

I'm not sure about the other two question without looking at the car... and it's outside. And it's raining. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Actually, i can answer the charcoal canister question as well. If you've pulled the canister, cap the lines at the BVSV or the throttle body, the incoming line to the canister from the fuel tank, and get a venting gas cap. This has nothing to do with the EGR.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
GrimJack said:
Actually, i can answer the charcoal canister question as well. If you've pulled the canister, cap the lines at the BVSV or the throttle body, the incoming line to the canister from the fuel tank, and get a venting gas cap. This has nothing to do with the EGR.

the bvsv can be left open...its simply a "corner" for the vacuum lines to turn... if there is nothing on either end it can be left open without negative repercussions. the best thing would be to take it off and buy a plug to fit in there to clean things up.

cap the TB lines by getting little plugs OR by running a vacuum line from one to the other in a U shape.

as for venting...you have a few options...getting the vented gas cap would be LAST on my list honestly. you could take the line that ran to the charcoal canister and add a vacuum line to it and route it into the same hole that the canister was plugged into in the chassis....or you could do what i did...and go under the car and cut the hardline that goes to the canister from under there...just make sure when you cut it you dont crimp it....it will vent underneath the car and wont make it smell like gas in the engine bay. also cleans things up a little more.

bcg04

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Med-City, USA (Rochester, MN)
As for venting.... on the top of the gas tank I just rotated/bent the charcoal canister vent line 90 degrees and vent out by filler neck. I just left the hardline that goes to engine bay by the fuel filter alone, I may just cap it. Then there are no fumes coming up to engine bay at all. Oh and I use a venting gas cap as well.