Headlight vents

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Hey guys,
I have a set of these and wanted to only install the passenger-side one. However, not sure if I should just put 'em both on (don't want it looking stuppid). Can someone post pics of both options? I am unable to find any...

TIA,
E

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
look up pics of Turkish's car. he has both installed. it doesnt look bad, but i like only the passenger side. thats just my opinion. (though his car is hot:))

-shaeff

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
With the headlight vents... does water become a problem with the intaking being right there? More specifically causing the AFM to malfunction?

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Idealsupra said:
i like both installed...im one for symmetry...
I used to be exactly like that. But now, as my tastes are advancing, I changed my mind & realized that other Supra enthusiasts would realize that the left vent is purely non functional (it has no function, right?), and non functional things don't appeal to me. To me things that function well are things that define beauty. Beauty is derived from function to some degree.

...I wonder if I represented my thought well, and hope no misunderstanding come from them...

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
Tony Mawad said:
I used to be exactly like that. But now, as my tastes are advancing, I changed my mind & realized that other Supra enthusiasts would realize that the left vent is purely non functional (it has no function, right?), and non functional things don't appeal to me. To me things that function well are things that define beauty. Beauty is derived from function to some degree.

...I wonder if I represented my thought well, and hope no misunderstanding come from them...

I understand exactly what you are saying, no misunderstanding here. I got both sides vented because of the symmetry thing Ideal was talking about but still not sure which style I like better.

shaeff said:
look up pics of Turkish's car. he has both installed. it doesnt look bad, but i like only the passenger side. thats just my opinion. (though his car is hot:))

-shaeff

hehe is my car becoming well known? :icon_redf

mkIIIman089 said:
With the headlight vents... does water become a problem with the intaking being right there? More specifically causing the AFM to malfunction?

Never had a problem with water getting in.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Tony Mawad said:

Tony, you represent your thoughts very well. :) I always understand what you're talking about. I enjoy reading your posts. They help me write better english. :D

As for symmetry, I'am all about it, and having one headlight vent on your car could be analyzed by some as total jdms tizzites yo, b.

Either way works for me. Personally, I would just use one for the intake side of the car. Though, I would probably be to worried about possible water intake and not put one on.

Last edited:

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Tony Mawad said:

yeah well its a personal thing... like for me not having things equal drives me crazy...

one of the reasons i would never own a turbo FC....because that hood scoop is SLIGHTLY to the left...that annoys the SHIT outta me lol.....

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
Head light vents dont do jack for performance i dont care what anyone says

amount of air flow through there will never reach the filter to make a temp drop to make a difference

Lamarossa

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yes, Turkish, your car is becomming well known, and for good reason:)

-shaeff

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
Can your sig be any bigger lam? Are you really going to get into an arguement about functionality?! Dear god...

Jdm I got mine from www.silviaparts.com of all places, or you can get better quality ones from duane at www.carbonfibrefx.com but if you want vents on both headlights his only has a vent on the pass. side.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Lam the new sig kicks ass and im with ideal on the equal thing, i bothers me too when something is off or it doesnt have a geometrical side to it.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Idealsupra said:
yeah well its a personal thing... like for me not having things equal drives me crazy...

one of the reasons i would never own a turbo FC....because that hood scoop is SLIGHTLY to the left...that annoys the SHIT outta me lol.....

Dude, you have issues, please seek professional help. :icon_mrgr

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I have to agree with Lam (but can't quote him 'cause that big-@$$ sig ;-)

There really won't be enuff air flow to worrry about. It's more for looks. I saw them both on a white car and did not like it, but saw just the passenger side on another and it looked good. Now, I can't seem to find any pics of 'em to see and did not want to go thru the trouble of painting/installing both, just to compare.

Last edited:

kntmikado

Rage Your Dream...
Apr 2, 2005
East Troy, WI 53120
1) Oh my god, Lam. That's the biggest sig I've ever seen in my entire life. MY ENTIRE LIFE. The size of that sig makes other sigs feel inadequate. Holy god.

2) I suppose when you look at the structure of things in that area, it's not entirely feasible to expect that the vent would do much on its own. Perhaps with a little modification to things, then maybe we could talk. However (a little off topic, but not entirely), what about a NACA duct on the hood down over the intake area?

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
What about the one BAS dude that only posts in the Tila thread? I think that "scoop" "vent" whatever its called is cool. AND functional.