? to custom fabricators about elbow

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
Hello!
I'm going to ask my friend to fabricate large turbo elbow for me, but he needs sample or blueprints. My supra is daily driver, so I do not want to disassemble exhaust many times... May be somebody can send to me blueprints of elbow (stock or custom)?

I hope your help.
Thank you very much.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I can guarantee that most / all of the fabricators here don't use blueprints, they build a jig and use that.

Your best bet is to find someone with a spare stock elbow and work from those dimensions.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's not a matter of being kind or cruel - in this case it's simply a matter of we can't give you what we don't have. There isn't anyone on here (that I am aware of, anyhow) using complex computer operated equipment to put these parts together - it's just hobbyists welding up what works in their home garage. They have no use for a set of blueprints, they just copy and modify the stock parts that they take off their cars.

SupraJack

Apr 3, 2005
On the drawing question....I buy all my elbows from Greg Clark at LIPP. I know for a fact he has complete blueprint drawing along with 3-D cad files.
He builds all his cast products using a method called investment cast process. He has put in a GREAT amount of time and expense to create his products. Just for example...I asked Greg what the tool would have cost if someone would have brought him the drawing to build it...he said it would be over $14,000.
I just got him to sign up on Supramania as Toy-rific. If you have any questions for him feel free to ask on a thread or pm him.
Thanks
Jack
SupraSport

Oh yea...if you ask him anything his spelling SUCKS so it may take some decoding.

SupraJack

Apr 3, 2005
Once I get back from the E-town meet I will post some pics of what the tooling looks like of the elbow and the wax shots to help show the process.
Jack
SupraSport