Need some help testing my pic hosting site

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Hey guys. Had to stay home from work today to take care of the wife cause she had her wisdom teeth yanked out. Was bored, so I coded up a site for pic hosting for anything supra related.

The site is http://www.suprapics.com. Upload some pics and show them here in this thread. Once all the kinks are worked out, it'll be a free service for supra/supra-related pics.

Please either PM me or post into this thread with feedback.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
DSC00656.JPG

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Some of my pictures are too big to go through the 'forum upload' thingamagig.....so I use imagestation ( which sucks ) and/or imageshack.....

but yours seems to be the easiest and best....LOL

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Siman, how big are the images that you are trying to send? Dimensions and filesize, please. I basically just picked a big number when setting that value, if it's too small, I'd seriously consider revising it upwards.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
No, the more megapixels, the larger the picture. Nobody wants to look at a picture that large on the internet, just resize it down, or continue using imageshack, but people (in general) do hate seeing pics that large on the internet.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
The more megapixels the bigger and the more indepth the picture can be.....

believe me, I am a camera freak...well now....since i still havent gotten the camera of my dreams yet....i just keep up with technology.

But yes, imageshack doesnt handle the resolution or something like that on their server...so they enlarge the photo....

weird.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, I work at Canon. I have many, many cameras (my dad worked for Canon for 23 years before I even started there). Obviously more megapixels means it's going to show more detail, etc; however, when you can only see 0.6 megapixels in your web-browser on a typical screen resolution, showing a 5.0 megapixel image and having to scroll left and right to see it doesn't really go over to well with most people... or maybe it's just me.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, sure, it's just you. Doesn't everyone keep their desktop resolution at 3200x2400?

Seriously, that's too big for the internet. I resize mine to 1024x768, and note that anyone who wants a higher resolution photo can email me and I'll send it to them.