lets play mad scientist

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
Ok after searching and searching for a good lowerend block for my car i gave in to a 7mge block now my question is.........intense drums start playing.............. coughs** can i put my 7mgte head on this block and just install it into the car???? pls say yes pls pls pls and if so i need pro's and cons im a newbie and i got money lol so im ready to buy parts for her nothing new to me i used to be a starion owner my wallet has many sore spots and scars lol thanks for any help and replies!!!!!!!!!! :gotrice:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
it should, but dont take this from me. i know the block is the same for the turbo and na, because if you look at a NA block it has some leftover bolt holes and they are for turbo parts. so i would think it should.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
D34DC311 said:
it should, but dont take this from me. i know the block is the same for the turbo and na, because if you look at a NA block it has some leftover bolt holes and they are for turbo parts. so i would think it should.

eh, yes the same block casting for the most part, but the N/A block lacks several things the turbo block has. such as oil passages for the turbo oil lines, for instance.

and yes you can just slap a turbo head on there and be done with it. (the cams are different, but they'll work)

-shaeff

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
ok so ill do that then just rip out the internals of this good block thank god i only paid 200 for it and just put it all back together with the turbo's block..simple dunno why i didnt think of it in the benginning's anyways thanks guys for your help oh also what could cause my lights not to turn on ive replaced relays fuses and even the colum switch :wtf: