Help!

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
Ok my 87 turbo that I recently bought is way underpowered. Power builds smoothly up to 3000rpm, and then nothing and then it is just flat, no more power, and it basically won't rev past 5. It is throwing a code at me, so I took it to my mechanic friend to plug into to his machine, but he is kinda oldschool, and mostly works on VW's, and I dont really think he understands the thing. He gave up and took it around the block and told me that the cat was clogged. So I took to cat out, and sure enough, it looked like the first cat took a crap and the second cat caught it! I cleaned it out, and the hollowed it out, and it helped some, it now can keep up with traffic, but it is no where near where it should be. I didnt clear out the first cat, the way it is built into the downpipe, I couldnt hollow it out. I am planning a full exhaust, a DIY from 935, but I can't afford it for a month or more. Anybody got any ideas?

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
Is the knock sensor a common problem on these cars? Is it hard to get to? I will check it tomorrow, I am going to be working on it anyway. Thanks guys!

vanman

May 22, 2005
Fayetteville, AR
Anybody know where I can get a knock sensor cheaper then $115? Thats what O'Rielly's wants, and I tried a couple online parts stores but I couldnt find one at all.