The problem continues - Why crosspost...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Why do we feel the need to cross-post everything on this forum and on the other non-MkIII specific forums? I can see the reasons behind posting on the mailing list and the forums but come on guys!

We all complain that there is more traffic over on the "other" forum yet we don't give any reasons for those people to come here and use this forum more.

Prime example is all of the threads that are posted here and there.

Come on guys... we can get organized if we all stick together. There is power in numbers. If we give them reasons to come here and stay here we can be a stronger group.

This place is much more MkIII friendly - hell it should be since it is dedicated to the MkIII! We should support this or we run the risk of losing it.

Keith Hart
This is my rant for the week!

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I am on several forums/lists and know alot of others who aren't. When you have a problem and/or selling something, you want MAXIMUM exposure and feedback. I know it's frustrating, as when I've done it, I have to constantly check several forums for the info I was seeking.

Since the GF has an MKIV now, I have to keep up with alot more than the MKIII stuff these days. Then, at SF they do have a large database/history of 2JZ technical info (since I have one in my MKIII).

Dunno about others, but when I've done it, it's not really because I "like" to do it... It's alot of headache to keep up with. Wish there was a happy medium...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Heh... Keith, check your numbers. SM now has consistently more people online than SF has in the Mk3 sections. :) It's been that way for over two months now. SF still has a whole lot more people online, but I think we can do without the huge offtopic whores that they are playing host to.

I like to promote SM, so, if I see a question crossposted, I answer it on SM. However, there are people who don't post here, so if they ask a question on one forum only, I'll answer if I can, just because I want the community as a whole to benefit.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
I hear you, Keith. It's too bad we can't make a SM sticky over there in the Mkiii section. Well, that wouldn't really work - some people might get upset. I've tried to get some people who post over there to come here, but they just don't want to and I don't know why.

L

lanky189

Promote the site too much and it turns into the exact site we don't want it to be.

Face it, alot of our current members are regulars here because they don't care for what SF is. over populate SM and you'll have SF junior and there is no way to avoid it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I don't think I agree with that, Lanky. I think the biggest 'problem' group at SF is the F&F trolls who want a MkIV but can't afford one, so they haunt the off topic section.

We're not going to appeal to that group no matter what we do, as we cater to the Mk3 crowd, which isn't a *real* Supra in their not so humble opinions on the one hand, and we don't put up with much offtopic BS on the other hand.

L

lanky189

GrimJack said:
I don't think I agree with that, Lanky. I think the biggest 'problem' group at SF is the F&F trolls who want a MkIV but can't afford one, so they haunt the off topic section.

We're not going to appeal to that group no matter what we do, as we cater to the Mk3 crowd, which isn't a *real* Supra in their not so humble opinions on the one hand, and we don't put up with much offtopic BS on the other hand.

and here we have the counterpoint!

that's precisely why i'm mostly neutral on the opinnion grim, while i do think what i said poses a problem, i can see your P.O.V. and thus I am back to zero. :crazy1:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea i was goin to post that F&F trolls, i bet 50% of all who post or are members at SF dont own a supra, and here 99.9% do.