Chargespeed Turbo-A duct for CHEAP!

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i ordered one of these yesterday.i'll have to check it out when it gets here.i hope it fits in the 89- 92 bumper
keith

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
MK3_300 said:
How in the heck did you get an OEM one?!! Does toyota japan still get them??!!

I bought one off someone who was cleaning out their garage.. I forgot if they scrapped their project, wrecked their car, or just didn't want it on their car, but I bought it more than a year ago. It's still white/unpainted.

For awhile SupraSport was selling them.. and then when I was in the market for one, I noticed that it was no longer in their online catalogue. I e-mailed Jeff Montigny and he said that they didn't carry them anymore, but he was working on getting someone like CFX to make a replica, and he said I should stay tuned. A few more months went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I started looking around. I forgot where I came across mine - I believe it was either EBay or thepartstrader. I forgot the name of the person I bought it from - I wanna say Kevin Lubitski, but he's from the northeast, and I am pretty sure my part came from someone in the southeast.

At this point, I guess it doesn't matter. :arcadefre

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Yes, on Dr. Jonez site he goes through step by step on how to do that particular mod. Its not hard at all if you have a cutting torch.

Now some people, primarily drag racers, run WITHOUT the front crash bar..of course it saves weight...but in everyday circumstances...i dont want to risk ANYTHING..much less my well being!

-Jonathan

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Blue87T(Dan) said:
You have to cut a hole in the metal of the bumper to make that work right?
Yeah, you gotta cut where your front license plate would be. There is an indent there on the 89+ front bumper. Should be simple.. cutting torch for the supports, get some fasteners, measure, draw with a grease pencil and cut the actual bumper with a dremel.
There are probably alot of other ways this can be achieved., but then again, it's not rocket science.

B

Boostaddctn

Um... how does this hold onto the stock bumper? The OEM has mounting hardware, but how does this stay on? aight peace :chicken:

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
There are a couple of replicas that have the mounting hardware as well. I paid near what the real one is worth for mine, but being fibreglass, mine should be a bit easier to fit on the 87 should any minor corrections be needed to fit the older bumper perfectly.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
I'll snap a few pics of it when I get home. Looks very close to the real deal, right down to the studs and license plate threaded inserts, but glass instead of urethane.

PICS ADDED:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited: