Finally I can enjoy my mk3

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
Finally I fixed the boost leak. I replaced the ic lower pipes and now It's boosting 7.5 psi instead of 4psi. I don't know if 7.5 psi is still low. with my mods 3' catback, 3' Dp no cats, K&N, ssqv.
The only problem is the idle it got worse now. The idle is moving a lot between 800 rpms and 500 rpms. I'm going to check for the tps again.
I'm thinking of buying the DDp but I'll hit fuel cut so I'm going to wait.
I just wanted to say thank you everyone for helping me out.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Hmm having just come out of idling issues I would check the following: Spark Plugs, Plug wires, Afm and grounding wires. For me the big problem was that my coil pack was not grounded, so all I had to do was add a single wire and the whole 3 month idling curse was solved. As well, I replaced my plugs and wires just to make sure there couldn't be a miss (where the spark isn't strong enough and the gas doesn't ignite.) Finally, the afm will usually throw a code when it decides to die, but if all else fails you can look into it as a last resort.

Sorry if I am going really into basics, not intending to offend, just want to cover all the bases.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I pulled codes and it showed 2 things coolant sensor is bad, I have a bad ground wire. I need to replaced the spark plugs cuz they have oil. I replaced the valve seal covers.