350Z....thought they were fast...

LexingtonBlue

May 30, 2005
Tacoma
Nice Saturday during Memorial Weekend. Cruising down freeway with OverDrive on towards GreenLake...spotted a silver 350Z entering freeway...he immediately guns it. Zoomed passed me, I didn't care because I was just enjoying the weather with my t-top off. He switched to my lane, slowed down for me to come close....I heard him downshift (he was approx 1-2 car length infront)....I was like "ok, whatever...let's check it out"....He punched it hard....I downshift (O/D off) and played catch up. Pulled, pulled...next thing I saw him looking over with that "what the hell just happened" look.....I gave him a nod as I walked by him (still with O/D off reaching redline, nearing 110mph). He stayed back after that.
By that time I had reached fuel cut, or when the engine does that shake and the engine light comes on for a few seconds, I think it's fuel cut. I should've turned O/D back on sooner, but I was too busy smiling. LOL

LexingtonBlue

May 30, 2005
Tacoma
Thanks. My mods are: Downpipe, testpipe, HKS Super Dragger cat-back, Eibach, shimmed, intake. I'm pending Lexus AFM/550cc upgrade coming soon. I put it in my signature, but it's not showing.

L

lanky189

LexingtonBlue said:
Thanks. My mods are: Downpipe, testpipe, HKS Super Dragger cat-back, Eibach, shimmed, intake. I'm pending Lexus AFM/550cc upgrade coming soon. I put it in my signature, but it's not showing.

how much boost?

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
When the 350Z first came out I remember hearing that they were an overall disappointment. For some reason big company's like greddy decided to make full turbo kits for them so they ended up staying popular. Who knows what people see in them.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
are you in an auto,, how the hell has it not broken on you yet. im at stock boost and afraid to punch it hard w/ intake and dp. because i know it will break soon.

LexingtonBlue

May 30, 2005
Tacoma
I have been driving it like manual for almost a year now. The only problems I've had was slippage on rare occasions. More often nowadays, I would cruise on the freeways with O/D off and enjoy the sound of BOV as I do my sudden gas punches. It's actually more fun that way (even though I know that day will come for my tranny, lol). Will have it looked at when I go back to TX in June.

supra_driven

Jun 3, 2005
dfw
I've raced 3 350 Z's on the freeway since i bought my mkiii. And to my surprise i beat all three of them. My only mods is a full 3" catless exhaust and boost set at 11psi. If you think my motor is going to blow at these boost levels, then I will be ready for it. I've had the boost at this level for about 5 months now with no problems.